Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

If Hulk's returning soon it makes sense for his stable to win, if he'll still be out for months a MX victory would be more logical imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

So what's the full card for tomorrow? I'm having a difficult time finding it on either i:h:DG or PuroLove

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Well that definitely clarifies what the Verzerk A, B, and C teams are if nothing else.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Super No Vacancy posted:

man now they really got all the best dudes in one stable

Nah, that won''t happen until we get a YAMADoi/Speed Muscle trio.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Sounds like there was a fairly significant DG house show today

quote:

0. Kaito Ishida (5:00 Time Limit Draw) Punch Tominaga
1. Naruki Doi{W}, Kotoka (9:44 Bakatare Sliding Kick) Dragon Kid, Yosuke♡Santa Maria{L}
2. Cyber Kong (9:15 Pineapple Bomber) Takehiro Yamamura
3. Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!!, Jimmy Kanda{W} (8:46 Ryu’s) Naoki Tanizaki, Mondai Ryu{L}
4. T-Hawk, Big R Shimizu{W} (14:20 Shot-put Slam) Masaaki Mochizuki{L}, Don Fujii
5. Masato Yoshino, Akira Tozawa, Kzy{W} (17:32 Skayde Schoolboy) CIMA, Gamma, Eita{L}
6. Jimmy Susumu, Ryo “Jimmy” Saito{W} (22:04 Messenger) Shingo Takagi{L}, YAMATO

Maria greeted the fans to start the show. She talked about the upcoming Brave Gate title match she had with that Kotoka guy. She won’t lose to the likes of him, and hopes the fans will cheer for her. On to more important matters. She has kissed many good looking wrestlers, but there is one pair of lips that has eluded her. Naruki Doi. She would try and change that today, and hopes the fans will cheer for her.
She was close to achieving that goal in the closing stretch of the match, but Kotoka came up from behind her and once again stripped her top off. This allowed Doi to deliver the Bakatare Sliding Kick to win.
Kotoka wondered why she was so focused on Doi when she had a title match with him coming up. It doesn’t matter. He was going to win in 5 minutes anyway. Then Maria would have to wrestle topless forever. Maria was flustered and ashamed, demanding her top back. Kotoka will need 5 minutes to win? Too bad. He was going to be beaten in 10 seconds.

Horiguchi introduced the new Dream Gate champion to the Kobe fans. It was a hard and vicious fight, but he was able to end his 10 year Dream Gate drought. This was in no small part due to the support of the fans, so he thanked them for that. He talked about the upcoming rematch with Takagi in Osaka and the stipulation of Takagi having to leave Verserk if he loses. Takagi had blamed the loss on YAMATO hitting him with powder, leading to a dispute between them. Today they had to team together against RyoSuka. This would be a sure win for the Jimmyz. So would the next match, giving them two wins over Verserk today.

Tanizaki wore a Mondai Ryu style costume & mask and was introduced as Mondaizaki for the match.

Shimizu & T-Hawk celebrated their big win. Since it was over a former Twin Gate champion team that sure seemed like it fit the qualifications they needed. They called out Doi & YAMATO. Doi was still hesitant. However, they promised to defend the titles in Osaka. Not just that, but it was a special defense. It was going to be #10. Shimizu & T-Hawk would have to kill them to take the titles from them. They can have their title shot.
Mochizuki had some words for Shimizu. He got to watch him grow up from Ryotsu Shimizu to the Big R Shimizu he was today. This was his first time fighting him. It was also his first time feeling the Shot-put Slam. With that move, he can beat anyone. They beat MochiFujii today. They can beat DoiYAMA in Osaka and take the Twin Gate. Shimizu missed the point entirely and wondered if that was all Mochizuki wanted to say. Mochizuki had to speak clearer. He was giving him words of encouragement. Shimizu said that since Mochizuki was the one who helped him become who he is now, so he hoped Mochizuki would watch the Twin Gate title match. Mochizuki said that both he & Fujii would be there to see it.

Fujii also had something to say. Since the Sumoz were going to be descending on Osaka, he wanted to send a team after the Triangle Gate.

Yoshino was pleased with what he saw out of teaming with Kzy today. Their teamwork was excellent, everyone got along well. Kzys’ former stablemate was doing well in MONSTER EXPRESS. He also looked good in his new orange ring gear. This was good a place as any to ask. He invited Kzy to join MONSTER EXPRESS. Kzy thanked him for the offer. To be honest, he was so focused on the upcoming match with Verserk that he hadn’t given any thought to potential unit membership. For now, he wanted to just fight as a one-man Dia HEARTS. He would think about it, and give Yoshino an answer in Korakuen. Yoshino was fine with this, and would be waiting for his response.

This time around it was a Doi box attack that caused Takagi to lose. He lashed out again. Did Doi even look before swinging? Was he just following directions from YAMATO? YAMATO said that while he was indeed at fault in Hakata, he didn’t do a drat thing today. Doi sided with him. Sure, Doi was off with his aim. His fault there. But it was his fault that Takagi got pinned. That is how him. He should stop blaming others when he loses. Takagi lamented what things have come to. Maybe he should just not have anyone second him. He would beat Susumu by himself and put an end to all this. Doi told him if that is what he wanted, he could have it. Just remember, if he loses he is out of Verserk forever. Good luck. The rest of Verserk left.
Takagi turned his attention to Susumu. He better be focused, because there would be no misses next time. No flukes. No miracles. He needed that title belt more than any words could say. Susumu better be prepared.
Susumu was taken aback by the developments within Verserk. The Jimmyz were sure fine. Maybe it was because of that friendship bullshit Takagi claims to hate so much. He was already prepared to experience no miracles in Osaka. He wouldn’t need them. He would just win the match and defend HIS title.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

sticklefifer posted:

Awesome, I was hoping that would happen. Was that live this morning or was it taped for later?

taped, apparently the big matches from this weekend are being turned into one Infinity.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

oatgan posted:

tozawa is about as likely to get pushed in wwe as he is in dragon gate so it's more of a lateral move

I don't blame him for jumping if possible as he seems to lovethe US , has friends in Orlando, and it strikes me that he could probably deal with not really being pushed. :lol: at the idea of Tozawa ever getting a serious World champ shot though and I'm not even sure he'd win the IC.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/traskbryant/status/716431270218063872

poo poo.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

This apparently was a Nico thing not a DG thing. If you run a proxy through Japan (I use the hola extension) it still works right as rain.

That's even more bizarre imo though I know it's hardly unprecedented in Japan. Why the hell wouldn't Nico want us to give them money when we have in the past?

I've used Hola to get around mlb.tv and claro(the couple weeks CMLL was blocked outside of Mexico) restrictions but I'd be very leery of trusting it for a PPV.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

Korauken is tomorrow morning at 5 with the huge KoG main event of Takagi vs YAMATO and Hulk and KAGETORA make their televised return.

Wouldn't be surprised if YAMAHulk-gun gets a formal name and colors tomorrow as well.

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv262179424 is the pre-order. The usual 1500 points for non-ppvs.

5:00, and not 5:30 like most shows? Weird.

I had no clue King of Gate even started yet.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

Peter Kaasa, best known for his EVOLVE appearances will be on tour with DG starting the 31st

oatgan posted:

the least surprising gaijin signing in recent memory

Does he seem like a good fit there then? I very rarely watch Evolve.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

You'd think Monster Express would've been more logical since they're kinda low on members and tradionally had gaijin

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

so kobe world is this sunday. as REAL LIFE has consumed me I haven't been able to put out an ITG or preview this but it looks like a real good show, and the best show in japan that day. (I WILL FIGHT ANYONE WHO DISMISSES THE GREATNESS OF A DON FUJII/FUNAKI TAG TEAM. STEP UP AND GET PUNCHED IN THE NECK)

http://sp.live.nicovideo.jp/i18ngate/lv268862999

2160 yen pre order

2700 yen otherwise

It's also early enough (I've heard both 2 and 2:30 EDT) that you can watch both this and the G1 Block Matches

Here's the card:

Over Generation (Gamma, Takehiro Yamamura and Takao Ishida vs. Verzerk (Naoki Tanizaki, Cyber Kong, Mondai Ryu)
Jimmyz (Horiguchi, Saito, K-ness) and Futa Nakamura vs. Monster Express (Big R, Sachihoko Boy), UT, and Stalker Ichikawa
El Lindaman vs. Jimmy Kanda.
Masaaki Mochizuki and Yoshiaki Fujiwara vs. Don Fujii and Masakatsu Funaki (holy poo poo that match should own)
Open the Brave Gate Championship:Yosuke:h:Santa Maria(c) vs. Eita
Open the Twin Gate Championship:Jimmyz (Susumu and Kagetora)(c)vs. Verzerk (Naruki Doi and Brother YASSHI)
Open the Triangle Gate Championship:Monster Express(c) (Masato Yoshino, Akira Tozawa, and T-Hawk) vs. Over Generation (CIMA, Dragon Kid, and Peter Kaasa) vs. Tribe Vanguard (BxB Hulk, Flamita, and Kzy)
Open the Dream Gate Championahip:Shingo Takagi(c) vs. YAMATO

If you want a good preview check out Voices of Wrestling like usual for a big puro show

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Hey if anyone's interested (I need some sleep before G1 and work and the second runs head to head with the G1 anyway so I'm gonna pass) there's a DG doubleheader from Shinuku FACE that's available on nico. These two shows mark the start of the Tag League.

https://twitter.com/DragonGateEN/status/761736230308421632

Card 1's at Midnight EDT/ 5:00 BST, card 2's at 5 AM EDT/10:00 BST

08/06/2016
Tokyo, Shinjuku FACE – 13:00
1. Shingo Takagi, Cyber Kong, Mondai Ryu vs. Masato Yoshino, T-Hawk, Futa Nakamura
2. Ryo “Jimmy” Saito vs. “Hollywood” Stalker Ichikawa
3. Naruki Doi, brother YASSHI, Naoki Tanizaki vs. CIMA, Takehiro Yamamura, Kaito Ishida
4. Dragon Kid, Gamma, Eita, Punch Tominaga vs. Masaaki Mochizuki, Don Fujii, Jimmy Kanda, Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!!
5. A Block: Jimmy Susumu, Jimmy Kagetora vs. Yosuke♡Santa Maria, El Lindaman
6. B Block: YAMATO, BxB Hulk vs. Akira Tozawa, Big R Shimizu

08/06/2016
Tokyo, Shinjuku FACE – 18:00
Exhibition Match: Hyou Watanabe vs. Katsumi Takashima
1. Ryo “Jimmy” Saito, Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!!, Jimmy Kanda vs. CIMA, Gamma, Futa Nakamura
2. Punch Tominaga vs. Mondai Ryu
3. B Block: Naruki Doi, brother YASSHI vs. Takehiro Yamamura, Kaito Ishida
4. Masaaki Mochizuki, Don Fujii, Akira Tozawa, Big R Shimizu vs. YAMATO, BxB Hulk, Yosuke♡Santa Maria, El Lindaman
5. B Block: Dragon Kid, Eita vs. Shingo Takagi, Cyber Kong
6. A Block: Jimmy Susumu, Jimmy Kagetora vs. Masato Yoshino, T-Hawk

card info courtesy of https://www.iheartdg.com

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Hey, this is tomorrow at 2:00 EDT/7:00 BST. Not sure if I'll be able to watch it myself due to NJPW and the fact that Thursday is the one day I actually have to be at work on time, but it looks like a very signficant card. Not only do you have Tozawa's probable farewell match before heading to WWE but there's a full slate of fairly compelling title matches and I know DG people are very high on the young boys in the opner.

VoW Preview
Alan4L's Nico ordering guide

09/22/2016
Tokyo, Ota City General Gymnasium
Dangerous Gate 2016

0. Shachihoko BOY vs. Mondai Ryu
1. Don Fujii, El Lindaman, Futa Nakamura, Shun Watanabe vs. Gamma, Takehiro Yamamura, Kaito Ishida, Hyou Watanabe
2. Cyber Kong vs. Jimmy K-ness J.K.S.
3. Open the Brave Gate Championship Match: Eita vs. brother YASSHI
4. Open the Triangle Gate Championship Match: Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!!, Ryo “Jimmy” Saito, Jimmy Kanda vs. BxB Hulk, Kzy, Yosuke♡Santa Maria
5. Ota City Special 8 Man Tag Match: Masato Yoshino, T-Hawk, Big R Shimizu, Peter Kaasa vs. CIMA, Dragon Kid, Masaaki Mochizuki, Flamita
6. Open the Twin Gate Championship Match: Jimmy Susumu, Jimmy Kagetora vs. Naruki Doi, Shingo Takagi
7. Open the Dream Gate Championship Match: YAMATO vs. Akira Tozawa
(card courtesy of https://www.iheartdg.com)

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

yeah that's my big problem with YASSHI/Taniyan. They'd both really add a bunch of seriousness to VerserK if they weren't freelance. Like I would have taken that Triangle Gate team seriously if it was either of them rather than Monchan.

Here is the insane thing about CIMA: Out of his nearly 20 year career, each year has been incredibly consistent with the exception of when he nearly broke his neck in 08/09. I've been working on a real comprehensive retrospective project with him/WON HOF and the more I watch, the more I'm convinced he might be the best wrestler of this generation that no one talks about.

what's the story with tanizaki anyway? I didn't even know he was freelance until recently but he seemed to be booked on every single show when he was with the jimmyz. Is it just a case of making room for all the young kids or is there some kinda drama?

Thauros fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Dec 28, 2016

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Fukuoka's a tough crowd, quiet atmosphere has hurt a lot of NJPW's Dontaku shows fromt he same arena. Last year's wasn't too bad tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Suplex Liberace posted:

Why is there no more Dragon Gate synctube nights anymore?

mort told me it's fine to run stuff from the drive in sync so I'd be happy to do it on a Monday, Tuesday, or Sunday night after this month's Korakuen hits the drive if NQQ doesn't.

• Locked thread