Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Tonfa posted:

Might as well save yourself some time and do the OP after the unit disbands match :effort:

One more night until I find out whether or not my avatar will be a memorial. :pray:

Also, it'll probably take a while before we see where everyone lands. Whichever disbands I'm guessing we'll see some of them in the winning team before long.

As for the independents, I really like the Fujii/Yosuke tag team they've been doing lately. They're such a weird match but it works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Thauros posted:

If Hulk's returning soon it makes sense for his stable to win, if he'll still be out for months a MX victory would be more logical imo.

Hulk's injury was from Final Gate 2014 and he ignored it for most of last year while continuing to work, so he'll probably be a while still.

I'm predicting Monster Express for a couple reasons: MX just added T-Hawk in September so it'd be weird to shuffle him around twice, and Yoshino/Tozawa/T-Hawk are Triangle Gate champs, so disbanding wouldn't affect MX except for Shachihoko BOY. So unless they're going for "nothing changes except to poo poo on Shachi" I think it has to be DH taking the fall.

Beyond that, Jimmyz and VerserK don't need any more members, so I could see Kzy being a good fit for MX, Shimizu for Over Generation, and I'd guess Mochi/DK floating around for a while or starting a new faction with some of the independents; a Mochi/Dragon/Fujii/U-T/Yosuke stable would be fun, maybe add Kagetora when he returns instead of getting somewhat lost in Jimmyz again.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

i could see shimizu joining verzerk if dia hearts loses and would be in that tier b.

If he turns heel I can see him throwing the match the way K-Ness turned against Mad Blankey in their loser disbands match. It'd make sense since he's the one who accepted the match in the first place. I'm not sure to what end though, VerserK has a ton of guys and they already have a big guy in Kong.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Feb 4, 2016

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It's on!

poo poo. BxB Hulk is here. Please don't die MX. :(

edit: Oh poo poo this just got way better. VerserK's joining the loser disbands match.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Feb 4, 2016

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Good god, Yosuke took a nasty neck bump there.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
THIS loving MATCH :stare:

edit: holy gently caress, edge of my seat for the last 10 minutes. I can breathe now.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Feb 4, 2016

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Wow, that's a blast from the past.

So are Shimizu and Kzy joining MX now?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Shachi pinning Shingo = feelgood moment of the year so far

edit: Now that YASSHI's back do you suppose we'll ever see Shuji Kondo back in DG?

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Feb 6, 2016

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Is Susumu/Shingo going to be live this weekend, or do we have to wait for the show to come out later?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
^^^Taped, apparently. Jae's reporting Susumu just won the Dream Gate. Holy poo poo.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Lots of other cool stuff went down at that show too. Supposedly it'll be out on the 25th.

-Yosuke challenged Kotoka for the Brave Gate. Kotoka says if he wins Yosuke has to wrestle topless from now on. Get ready for Brave Gate champion Yosuke, hopefully.
-Dragon Kid is now mentoring Eita. Not sure if this means DK is joining Over Generation or not.
-Big R Shimizu has officially joined Monster Express. He and T-Hawk want to challenge for the Twin Gate, but they need to get a win first.
-Susumu granted Shingo a rematch under the condition that Shingo leaves VerserK if he loses. So either a short Susumu reign, or VerserK without Shingo which is basically Mad Blankey again.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Grozz Nuy posted:

That angle for Yosuke seems very crass and not cool at all!

Counterpoint: BLEEEEEEHHHHHHHHH

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Thauros posted:

Nah, that won''t happen until we get a YAMADoi/Speed Muscle trio.

Last summer against CIMA/Ricochet/Sydal was my trios MOTY, but it was a one-time thing. :negative:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I really have no idea what to expect from that Susumu/Takagi rematch. I can't imagine Takagi leaving VerserK this early in their run (and what do you do with him after that?) and it'd be weird to hotshot the title off Susumu on his first defense too.

Stoked for the return of SUMOZ though. We need a PT version of :allears:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Yeah, that was my issue - it'd be Mad Blankey 2. I feel like it might be a reshuffling of YAMADoi's position if Takagi wins the title back. Although, if he's out they could feasibly bring in Mochi to lead since he's unaffiliated now.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Yamamura would've fit in great with Millennials with that attitude.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'd assume Cyber Kong would be on drums, not sax.

If Kotoka was in that picture he'd almost definitely have a mic instead of an instrument.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
poo poo, I almost forgot this was tonight. Anything happen before CIMA making fun of the rookies?

edit: hahahaha Stalker taps out to repeated German suplexes
edit2: KNESUKA!
edit3: M2K!!!

Cool show, though nothing really stood out aside from the moments above. Main event multi-man was a lot of fun as DG multi-mans always are.

Kzy said no to joining MX and now Yoshino's sad. :smith:

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Mar 2, 2016

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Since the Shingo/YAMATO rift is still growing and both want each other out of the unit, I'm thinking Shingo wins the Dream Gate back from Susumu and YAMADoi leave VerserK.

What I'd LIKE to see is YAMADoi starting a new unit with Mochi/Kzy/Hulk as a hybrid of Mad Blankey and Dia.Hearts. Maybe throw in U-T as designated unit jobber, call them Mad.Hearts or something.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Yeah, I'd predict Tozawa for WWE but not the Super J, if only so he can go hang out with Uhaa. If Ricochet's freed up enough to enter WWE's tournament we might just see some MX representation in WWE. :dance:

For the Super J: I'd really like to see Kotoka and Eita, but I wouldn't count T-Hawk out just for protection purposes; if he made it past a few rounds that's still a good showing. Pretty much everyone knows Kzy is underrated and he can stand to take a loss, so maybe him as well. Is there anything that precludes bigger DG names like Yoshino from doing it? Or is it just that top names don't want to take a loss in another promotion?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Awesome, I was hoping that would happen. Was that live this morning or was it taped for later?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I kinda wish Jimmyz would just permanently become SUMOZ.

A lot of changes but it's a fair trade - VerserK loses its near-sweep of the undercard titles while regaining the main one. I have to think the Shingo/YAMATO tension is only going to rise after this. When YAMADoi were Twin Gate champs they had a leg to stand on while criticizing Shingo, now they don't. Also I just realized that since they're no longer champs, Doi might side with Shingo if YAMATO leaves VerserK. :ohdear:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Yeah, my thoughts on a new unit from earlier in the thread wouldn't have to be adjusted much for that, just without Doi. If it's not that, then I'm wondering now where all the unaffiliated people will land. Dragon Kid's probably joining Over Generation, everyone from Dia.Hearts other than Shimizu has refused Monster Express so far, and Yosuke and U-T still haven't been with anyone since Millennials.

Speaking of which, when was the last time an unaffiliated held a title?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I've discovered that if you GIS "ヴェーーーー" you get a bunch of pictures of Kotoka.

ヴェーーーー is phonetically "beehhhhhhh" in Japanese. Kotoka is now widely associated with that sound.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I don't think I've seen Saito lock in the Cycling Yahoo in months. He always gets interrupted now, which sucks because it's a great submission.

[edit]Mondai Ryu's new shirt is great.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Mar 25, 2016

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I don't know what it is, but Saito has stepped up so much in the charisma department even just in the past year. Saito and Tozawa could have an amazing feud one of these days for the promos alone, even if I don't understand the language.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Tozawa's charismatic as gently caress and WWE likes that. He'll likely sell merch if nothing else.

If he goes to WWE though I'm guessing MX is the next faction to split. They picked up Big R and T-Hawk but Tozawa's really the heart of the group. Maybe Kzy will come around and join them after all.

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

Tozawa to GCS. Had a feeling this was happening for a while. Keep an eye on the Korakuen show next week; if there is a challenger team for the Triangle Gate that doesn't have chaff on it the writing might be on the wall.

I feel like they've been building to YAMATO/Doi/Kotoka since YAMADoi lost the Twin Gate.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
If you think NXT is unwatchable check the card for Takeover Dallas. It's heaven for indie/Japan fans. Besides, it's a good career move for him and he'll get to hang with his buddies Uhaa and Ricochet again.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
As long as he brings his loud as hell yelling and his corner chest slaps spot, cool. I kind of doubt they'll let him do the yoga stretch on the ringpost though.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Welp, if they won't let us buy it I guess there's always streams. I don't know why they wouldn't want money though.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Yoshino's been pulled from cards with a knee injury at Korakuen. :ohdear:

Well poo poo. I hope it's not too serious, that could really mess with the King of Gate brackets.

Also, looks like DK's officially in Over Generation now.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Apr 12, 2016

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Please call him by his proper name, "Mondai Ryu" Mondai Ryu.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
:psypop:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I guess then they'd have to start calling him Bald Tominaga. (or Hage :v:)

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Oh poo poo, YASSHI has joined VerserK.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/yamato_oldtype/status/730296782563856385

Looks like the new team is called A-3 and their colors are white and red.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'll admit I look at YAMATO's rear end less than I should.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
U-T should be the Mondai/Shachi of YAMATO's new group.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
That's a very 90s Scott Steiner looking singlet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Is it just me or has Naoki Tanizaki been on fire lately? He's always been good but over the past couple months especially he's seemed a lot more motivated. I'm sure it has to do with him becoming prominent in VerserK considering he was buried in Jimmyz before, but he's been really fun to watch recently and he's definitely gotten some kind of spark back.

Oh, and does anyone have blocks for King of Gate like the NJPW thread does? I could probably make a spreadsheet myself but only if nobody else is working on it.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 22:00 on May 26, 2016

• Locked thread