Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Hmm, I like it. Judging by YAMATO's Instagram, it looks like there aren't necessarily official colors, just everyone's wearing some kind of camo (YAMA's look grey/white, Maria's are pink/white). Sort of like how OG doesn't have official colors, just capes. The merch is camo and green/white but the actual members are doing variations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Just caught up on the show from last week. Peter Kaasa impressed me more than I thought. He's a huge muscular dude but he's flippy as hell. He missed his target a few times so his aim's not great yet, but his technique is solid.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
poo poo yeah, Flamita's back in Dragon Gate. He joined Tribe Vanguard.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
If they're trying to not make it completely obvious that Over Generation is CIMA's personal testing ground for upcoming talent but still want to push the group into a title picture, Triangle Gate is a good place to start. They are getting bloated though; Eita should jump to TV or MX after the Super J. He's good enough now that he doesn't need the "veterans teaching rookies" faction anymore.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I hope the undercard starts with some nothing matches because I won't be home until about a half hour after it starts and I really want to watch live.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Dimebags Brain posted:

Also, if you're having trouble ordering it because of credit card issues or whatever, Larito wrote an alternate guide to ordering the show: https://ello.co/senorlariato/post/5fghbj8w-fjrzo0lyarpzq

lol people still use ello

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Thauros posted:

Monster Express (Big R, Sachihoko Boy), UT, and Stalker Ichikawa

That is the most :psyduck: team.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Somehow they pin each other.

[edit]Holy poo poo I want that kid's Jimmyz scarf.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Jul 24, 2016

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Yosuke and Lindaman being in an inter-faction relationship is adorable. :3:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
EIIIIIIIIIIITAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Holy shiiiit I've never seen the Bakatare Sliding Kick countered like that before. :stare:

[edit]aaaaaaa this match :aaa:

[edit2]Goddamn that was a good show. The undercard was fun and the title matches were awesome.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jul 24, 2016

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Let me guess, he's gonna join Over Generation.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Maybe they in fact love them and that's why they're getting all of them.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I have no doubt that the main event's going to be awesome and emotional.

But man that 8-man tag is going to be NUTS. :stare:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Cyber Kong and YASSHI each getting a singles match was not a good plan.

ahahahahaah is Lindaman's attacking everyone tonight because Maria dumped him?

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Sep 22, 2016

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Tozawa's leaving and MX immediately starts having problems. :smithicide:

[edit]That match was awesome. I'm hearing he might not be leaving until after the 29th though?

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Sep 22, 2016

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/BfloJae/status/781466788651343872

Welp. Looks like I'll have a memorial avatar soon. :smith:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Anyone watching Tozawa's graduation tonight?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Bumping for Final Gate: YAMADoi EXPLODES

So hype for that main event. The rest of the card looks great too.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
What do you folks make of the hooded figures that helped Doi to the back? I couldn't tell who either one was, but I'm guessing a new unit springing out of some of the unaffiliated roster, because right now there way more unaffiliated roster than there have been in quite some time. I could see a Speed Muscle reunion happening, and Mocchy might be content to stay solo now like Fujii, but there's also Shimizu, Kotoka, Shachi and U-T without a unit now. Unless they're taking Ben-K, Skywalker, or Watanabe without putting them through OG first. Doi leading would make sense with the booking of him losing - he couldn't do it as an independent, but he can challenge YAMATO again once he builds himself up as a leader.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'd love for them to form a unit around the concept of the name Speed Muscle where everyone has to be either super buff or super fast.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Starting an online petition to DG to name the new unit Towel Jumpsuits.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Last year I called 2016 being Eita's breakout year and hoo boy was I ever right on that.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Great writeup.

The one detail missing was the biggest tragedy of the year next to the MX breakup: Kotoka's injury was his jaw being broken so he couldn't say BEEEEEHHHHHHHHH for several months.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
For a while now I've personally considered Final Gate their big show, even though Kobe World is promoted as such. FG is usually the payoff of the biggest title feuds and often has the year's best matches. KW is more the culmination of King of Gate and fallout from Dead or Alive. Also the positioning at the end of the year just makes it feel appropriately, well, final.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I've only been watching sporadically lately since the holidays put me way behind, but why does Lindaman have a huge rope now?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
That sucks, I was really curious where that was going.

Flamita's apparently back in Mexico indies again? I can't keep track of that dude. I wonder if LU will get him back when they tape season 4.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I love how increasingly complicated DoA is every year. :allears:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
If YAMATO loses I will hold a funeral for his beautiful hair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Setting the over/under on Ben-K becoming Dream Gate champion at 2020.

• Locked thread