Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Placeholder for all the first post stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
reserved~!

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

rotinaj posted:

I want to know more about the BLEEEEEEEHHHHH guy. Can someone enlighten me? I saw a best of, where he does a huge runup to BLLLLEEEEEHHHH. Is there more?

He's Kotoka. He changed to the Bleehhh gimmick after turning on his former Millennials team mates and fully committed to it when VeserK formed. He was pretty garbage before joining Millennials, but he was one of the most improved wrestlers in the world last year and is tolerable. Western fans like him a lot more than natives.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

super macho dude posted:

whats the status on BxB Hulk?

Still healing from shoulder surgery. No ETA on a return. He's shown up at a couple of shows (he used to run merch, don't know if he still does).

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Thauros posted:

So what's the full card for tomorrow? I'm having a difficult time finding it on either i:h:DG or PuroLove

i:h:DG posted:

02/04/2016 Tokyo, Korakuen Hall
1. CIMA, Eita, Takehiro Yamamura vs. Jimmy Kanda, Jimmy Kness J.K.S., U-T
2. El Lindaman vs. Kenichiro Arai
3. Gamma, Punch Tominaga vs. Naoki Tanizaki, Mondai Ryu
4. Don Fujii, Yosuke♡Santa Maria vs. Cyber Kong, Kotoka
5. YAMATO, Naruki Doi, Shingo Takagi vs. Jimmy Susumu, Ryo “Jimmy” Saito, Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!!
6. Losing Unit Disbands Elimination Match: (MONSTER EXPRESS) Masato Yoshino, Akira Tozawa, T-Hawk, Shachihoko BOY vs. (Dia.HEARTS) Masaaki Mochizuki, Dragon Kid, Kzy, Big R Shimizu

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Grozz Nuy posted:

How hyped are you for an El Lindaman singles match, NQQ

not only it is the prince of 2016, but it's against one half of my favorite tag team in dragon gate history, who is sadly garbage in 2016. i'd say if i'm at a 9 for the main event, i'm at a healthy 7.5 for that.

Thauros posted:

Well that definitely clarifies what the Verzerk A, B, and C teams are if nothing else.

i'd agree on verserk top team and monchan/kong, but kotoka and tanizaki are tier b. i could see shimizu joining verzerk if dia hearts loses and would be in that tier b. i think kong and mondai ryu are going to be the major heel lineage guys going forward (like how kzy was in every single rudo unit/proto rudo unit from real hazard to mad blankey).

EDIT: and i don't want to double post, but as i said on twitter (@insidedgcast) i think monster express wins. they would want to have to deal with another champion team dispute like what happened with the former zombie veterans dissolving. secondly, if t-hawk loses his second unit disband match in 6 months, dragon gate would have buried their "future ace" at a level that's only comparable with ryo saito's dream gate reign/aftermath. my theory is that kzy joins monster express (and maybe hulk later), shimizu goes to verserk like i stated above. mocchy and dk would join up with u-t and the budding fujii/maria unit.

NotQuiteQuentin fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Feb 4, 2016

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Grozz Nuy posted:

Here's where I betray my general ignorance about DG angles: after the unit disbands, will there be a new one formed to replace it quickly, or will guys realign and/or float around unaffiliated for a while? If Dia.Hearts loses like most of us seem to expect, will they wait until Hulk comes back and form a new faction around him again or will it happen sooner than that? Or will they hold off even longer and have someone new be a faction leader this time?

could be both!

the mad blankey/millennials to verzerk/over generation was a rather quick one. because the back to back unit disbands matches, you had to quickly form the new rudo unit. because of recency, i'll use it as an example about how things usually shake out. this was from august through summer adventure tag league (satl) until october.

mb:
doi/yamato/kong/ryu: rudo army until joined they formed verserk after satl
k-ness: immediately joined jimmyz
pt: treated as takagi's slave but wasn't a member of verserk, so he was an unaffiliated rudo. after he attacked takagi and formed og wanting guidance in october

millenials:
t-hawk: joined takagi as an unaffiliated twin gate challenger team and presumptive satl team. twin gate was a set up for verserk formation. joined mx after satl with generational team mate shimizu wanting to make wrestling fun again
eita: turned rudo with kotoka. tagged with rudo army and eita until the end of the satl, when verserk turned on him. formed og in october wanting guidance
u-t: has stayed unaffiliated, been jobbing in nearly every match and couldn't beat ishida in a match 0. mocchy and dia.hearts have tried to rally him but he's been still losing.
kotoka: walked out of millennials farewell. turned on u-t, attacked t-hawk, feigned an attack on eita which resulted in eita's turn. tagged with eita through satl and turned on him with verserk
el lindaman: was unaffiliated initially but provided the cape inspiration for og at formation in october
flamita: immediately formed a flyers team with dragon kid and tagged with him for satl. was offered dia.hearts membership and joined them for the remainder of his dg stint.

others:
takagi: turned rudo on mx after winning dream gate in august, hating the friendship bullshit and shachihoko boy and immediately affiliated himself with the rudo army after revealing a twin gate challenge/assumptive satl team with t-hawk was a ruse. became leader of verzerk at formation.
cima/gamma/fujii: unaffiliated triangle gate champs before mb/millennials disbanded. cima was impressed by yamamura and asked him to take his spot/gear as new osaka06 with gamma after he knocked his teeth out again mid-league. oaska06 found both fun and importance in helping out the young guys after having to deal with millennials for two years and formed over generation. fujii wasn't interested in this as he is a man of belief, and his belief was in fujii heya for selected young guys. they then decided that their triangle gate reign has come to an end and vacated in october. fujii went back to his usual unaffiliated self.
yamamura/ishida: had their first match in august and impressed the veterans. yamamura was selected to fill in for cima and wear his gear as new osaka06 with gamma mid-satl. new osaka06 inspired the formation of og in october.

there is a major event at hakata on valentines day and then the next big ones are champion gate in osaka in march. i'd think everything is resolved by then. if hulk is healthy by champion gate, he'll figure into it if dia.hearts was dissolved and would likely be the leader/co-leader of a new unit or joining mx/og (he won't be a jimmy).

NotQuiteQuentin fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Feb 4, 2016

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Hulk just made his return before Match 1

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
New Main Event:

Loser Disbands Total Elimination Match:

Dia.Hearts (Mochizuki/Kid/Shimizu/Kzy) vs Monster Express (Yoshino/Tozawa/T-Hawk/BOY) vs VeserK (Takagi/Doi/YAMATO/Kotoka)

No other matches are changed. VeserK is pulling double duty.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Grozz Nuy posted:

So Hulk is back, but he's not joining the Dia.Hearts team for the unit disbands match? That seems... strange.

He's still hurt.

This match got reaaaallll fast.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
BROTHER loving YASSHI.

What in the world.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

sticklefifer posted:

Wow, that's a blast from the past.

So are Shimizu and Kzy joining MX now?

I'm guessing

Kzy: MX
Hulk: Maybe MX?
Mocchy/DK: New unit with U-T/Fujii/Maria
Shimizu: WILD CARD (maybe heel turn?)

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Episode 3 of my podcast is up talking about this crazy February and early DG heel units with John Carroll of VoW!

http://insidedgcast.libsyn.com/inside-the-gate-episode-3-february-2016

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Yeah that'll make tape but probably won't be shown for a week or two. I'm watching the show from 2/14 and so far it's been a lot of fun. The undercard was nothing to call home about (I'm glad we don't have another singles match between T-Hawk and Shimizu on the horizon) but the six man between VerserK and Yoshino/Tozawa/Kzy was great!

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Super No Vacancy posted:

where is kotoka!!!!!!!

he was off that show, both him and shingo have been photoshopping him in that photo on twitter.

cyber kong in that photo might be my favorite random photo since don fujii started shilling futons.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Korakuen iPPV is tomorrow morning at 4:30 EST!

https://secure.live.nicovideo.jp/product/3443

Looks like more of the shakeups will go down. CHAMPION GATE won't be on iPPV this year and will be a single TV show on the 25th.

I'm thinking after the next few weeks we'll have:

Dream: Shingo
Twin: YAMADoi
Triangle: MX
Brave: Maria

VerserK stays mostly the same: Shingo NEEDS to stay heel/in VerserK. Doi is the worst face in the promotion. YAMATO would be my x-factor and if any switching happens, it'll be around him (but I don't think anything is going to happen).

MX is stable from now until they finally disband & Jimmyz have had enough drama over the years that they'll stay out of the unit shift.

Eita finally wears down DK and he joins OG while Lindaman joins up with Fujii and maybe does an enhanced Fujii Heya with the bigger dojo kids that are doing Exhibitions right now.

The YASSHI/Yoshino tag team is a one night thing. I see this Mocchy/Maria combination forming a new unit with Kzy/YASSHI/U-T. Kzy and Maria will have to talk Mocchy into it after Aagan Issou. When Hulk returns I see him being the #2 in the unit, Kzy/YASSHI/Hulk as a Triangle challenge team and U-T as their lost post.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
dammit ryo saito ruining a perfectly good M2K reunion.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Grozz Nuy posted:

Isn't that just basically Dia.Hearts again but with Mocchy as the leader but no Shimizu?

Nope, DK/Shimizu out and YASSHI/U-T/Maria in their stead at least in my mind. YASSHI acted like YASSHI today (got dq'd for box attacks) so I don't know how's he's going to fit anywhere besides VerserK but I hate the idea of him being the #4 in a heel unit (unless there's some shakeups/Takagi loses).

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Any early picks on whom DG is sending to the Super J Cup? Traditionally, they send a younger wrestler to NJPW tournaments unless it's a gaijin, like YAMATO in 09 and Hulk in the BOSJ in 07.

For that I'm thinking it might be Eita, Kotoka, or Lindaman. I think they're protecting T-Hawk so he won't take an inter-promotional loss, Shimizu is too big, and the rookies are too unexperienced.

Politically, I find this pretty interesting. I won't beat around the bush here: Tozawa's kind of an ex-factor. His WWE desire is pretty well known, and all his Best O Friends live in Orlando. It's happening after DG contracts expire at Kobe World and I guess somewhat concurrently with WWE's Cruiserweight Tourney. They might try to swing something with New Japan about him to try to keep in Japan and have him be the rep. (this is pure speculation, i don't have the scoops about this)

NotQuiteQuentin fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Mar 3, 2016

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

sticklefifer posted:

Is there anything that precludes bigger DG names like Yoshino from doing it? Or is it just that top names don't want to take a loss in another promotion?

I think they see it as an learning experience and exposure for the young guys. It's not like CIMA wasn't in one (runner-up in 2000). Kzy would be a great representative and his look is so unique that I think it'd get over.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqQc-jkjHbQ

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

sticklefifer posted:

Yeah, my thoughts on a new unit from earlier in the thread wouldn't have to be adjusted much for that, just without Doi. If it's not that, then I'm wondering now where all the unaffiliated people will land. Dragon Kid's probably joining Over Generation, everyone from Dia.Hearts other than Shimizu has refused Monster Express so far, and Yosuke and U-T still haven't been with anyone since Millennials.

Speaking of which, when was the last time an unaffiliated held a title?

Last year's Triangle Gate team of CIMA/Gamma and Don Fujii

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Tozawa to GCS. Had a feeling this was happening for a while. Keep an eye on the Korakuen show next week; if there is a challenger team for the Triangle Gate that doesn't have chaff on it the writing might be on the wall.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

RaceyBucket posted:

Please don't leave me Tozawa

He's still under contract to DG until the end of July.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

sticklefifer posted:

I feel like they've been building to YAMATO/Doi/Kotoka since YAMADoi lost the Twin Gate.

I'd love to see a OG Kidz team make a challenge but that's unlikely. Probably a Jimmyz team is my guess.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
i really don't get the outcry that i've heard (mostly on twitter) about tozawa going to gcs/wwe being the worst thing ever.

the dude wants this. he absolutely loves wrestling in the states (would you want to do some of that crazy traveling he has to do for pwg ontop of dg's insane touring schedule? he does), his best friends are here, and he's probably not going to get a sniff at the dream gate until final gate this year at the earliest.

if the gcs thing turns into a full-time thing, it'll be awesome for him. he's my favorite wrestler in the world and i'm excited to for the greater wrestling world to finally experience the big over.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Anyone attempt with hola/a proxy yet?

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

sticklefifer posted:

Welp, if they won't let us buy it I guess there's always streams. I don't know why they wouldn't want money though.

This apparently was a Nico thing not a DG thing. If you run a proxy through Japan (I use the hola extension) it still works right as rain.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Thauros posted:

That's even more bizarre imo though I know it's hardly unprecedented in Japan. Why the hell wouldn't Nico want us to give them money when we have in the past?

I've used Hola to get around mlb.tv and claro(the couple weeks CMLL was blocked outside of Mexico) restrictions but I'd be very leery of trusting it for a PPV.

From what I saw on twitter (grain of salt) there was an international IP attack on Nico and they just locked it down. I'm just going to choose to blame GAORA like I do for most DG availability issues.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

KungFu Grip posted:

Why isn't Mondai Ryu in the cage match? Did I miss something?

It was the two split sides of VerserK and then Kong said "WHY IS RYU NOT IN THE MATCH, HE'S A MEMBER!" and they did a short match to determine that last spot where Ryu upset him and told him to not write checks that his rear end can't cash.

Love the idea of a round robin KING OF GATE. Will have a lot of fun match ups/guys you won't normally see.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

When are the brackets coming out?

https://twitter.com/insidedgcast/status/718182960143474692
https://twitter.com/insidedgcast/status/718183109989154817
https://twitter.com/insidedgcast/status/718183819359186945
https://twitter.com/insidedgcast/status/718184182145531904

EDIT: And here is a quicky table I made up for it. I'll update it throughout.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KW3rxM1P9myt3fpYiEJhnghs4lT7ZsoS6wIYJmk4rOM/edit?usp=sharing

NotQuiteQuentin fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Apr 7, 2016

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Those with a F4W/WO sub should really go check out the most recent Retro Observer. Dave reviews the first Toryumon show and already gave CIMA a ****1/2 rating as a 21 year old.

He also doesn't get Stalker's gimmick.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

sticklefifer posted:

Yoshino's been pulled from cards with a knee injury at Korakuen. :ohdear:

Well poo poo. I hope it's not too serious, that could really mess with the King of Gate brackets.

It seems like it's minor. He completed his match and wasn't limping too bad.

I updated the bracket with the complete table/what's getting taped. i sure hope people like punch tominaga because we are blessed with three of his matches and only one el lindaman one.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KW3rxM1P9myt3fpYiEJhnghs4lT7ZsoS6wIYJmk4rOM/edit?usp=sharing

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
and there is hope for a revival of robot bukoh dojo era mocchy.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Kagetora made his return today after being out for over a year with a hernia/complications

also DoA is tonight and it's going to be a banger. They changed up the formats so all the delegate matches are happening on the undercard. it's on niconico here: https://secure.live.nicovideo.jp/product/3531

start time is 1600 JST so that's 0300 EDT/0200 CDT and so on.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
https://twitter.com/SenorLARIATO/status/728153231566643200

https://twitter.com/SenorLARIATO/status/728154065171947522

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
almost 12 hours later and i'm still dying that cima brought a drat shoe as a weapon.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
futa nakamura made his tv debut and he's got #thebeef

http://rutube.ru/video/7e4656d19e8dec2413c23eaf705565f2/

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Korauken is tomorrow morning at 5 with the huge KoG main event of Takagi vs YAMATO and Hulk and KAGETORA make their televised return.

Wouldn't be surprised if YAMAHulk-gun gets a formal name and colors tomorrow as well.

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv262179424 is the pre-order. The usual 1500 points for non-ppvs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Thauros posted:

5:00, and not 5:30 like most shows? Weird.

I had no clue King of Gate even started yet.

looking at it better, it's actually 5:30.

yeah they did one night in Osaka right after DoA. It was taped but it's not going to air until next week I think

• Locked thread