Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Malcolm XML posted:

you also have the right to opt back in w/ at most 3 months notice so you can always sign it then once you have the job opt back in

"In an unrelated note, we need you to work 60 hours a week for the next three months" Gotta make use of it while it lasts, after all! *winks at HR, chinks champaign glass*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

TACD posted:

I'm studying neuroscience, but we're based in the psychology department.

Do you share the same complex

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

mehall posted:

After this post, I'm now conflicted.

Do I trust myself and remain true, or do I accept that Pissflaps is always wrong, and vote to Leave?

If he's always wrong, then his post is a lie, and he'll be voting to Leave. So you can safely vote to stay without risking pissflap-by-association.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

forkboy84 posted:

Which individual do you believe should be the Labour Party leader?

You're like the smug git who pisses the genie off with the first question so he goes back into his bottle

Now I'll never know what Pissflaps' opinion of parmo is :negative:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Pork Pie Hat posted:

It's almost like these people don't think about the words that they say before they say them....

Yeah but the only thing that can stop a bad guy with a nuke is a good guy with a nuke!

I'll let you know when I've found one

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

dispatch_async posted:

Devastating news for the Remain campaign.

I like how they call the poll "exclusive" in a tone that suggests they think this somehow makes the poll better - do they not know what a sample is?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Maybe it was actually a really good sample and they just excluded the answers they didn't like

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Speaking of banning things

'Lasers are offensive weapons and must be banned' - pilots' union

quote:

Lasers should be classed as "offensive weapons" and banned in the UK, says the British Airline Pilots Association.

The call comes after a New York-bound plane was forced to turn back to London Heathrow Airport after a laser beam hit the cockpit after take off, causing a "medical issue" for one of the pilots.

It is illegal to shine a light at a plane "so as to dazzle the pilot", but not an offence to own or carry a laser.

[...]

Former pilot and fellow member of the pilot's union Dave Smith said carrying a laser was "no different to carrying a knife".

If pilot had laser this no happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Steve2911 posted:

The best is when they have to deliver something that could quite easily fit through the letter box, but instead decide to put it behind the bins AND go to the trouble of writing and posting a note. How does that save anyone any time?

The note is pre-written at a red light

• Locked thread