Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tentish klown
Apr 3, 2011

Guavanaut posted:

Really? I thought most of the victims of the Belgians were Congolese.

Nope, they were kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tentish klown
Apr 3, 2011

Guavanaut posted:

It's a lot more popular for people to say "I'm poo poo at maths" or "I hate maths" than it is about English.

It continually surprises and upsets me that people think it's acceptable to say 'I can't do maths'. I genuinely think numeracy should be held at least on par with literacy, if not more important (because it doesn't have any international constraints).

tentish klown
Apr 3, 2011

Coohoolin posted:

Someone at the Courier thinks Scotland could stay in the EU if the UK leaves- without Scotland being independent.

http://archive.is/pH17L

That would be amazing.

Seems highly unlikely, unless we rebuild Hadrian's Wall. Let's see - how would immigration work?

tentish klown
Apr 3, 2011

jabby posted:

Even if they are good friends and it's some kind of inside joke, insulting a woman's clothes right after she just won a prestigious award is pretty tasteless and reinforces the narrative that female talent is worthless without also looking pretty. Especially since I don't think any of the male stars received anything similar, including the one who showed up looking equally casual.

He also spelled her surname wrong in the tweet defending his joke and claiming they are good friends, so there's that.

She's a costume designer - that's why it's funny. It wasn't tasteless and he obviously said it with affection. Twitter people are twats.

tentish klown
Apr 3, 2011

shrike82 posted:

Sat for a seminar by the head of Tesco data analytics some time back. They do some fancy poo poo with analytics when it comes to both their online store as well as logistics for their b&m. Found it interesting that the guy mentioned viewing Amazon as their biggest threat these days especially given the firm's supply chain enabling them to do stuff like same day delivery better.

I'd be interested to know who this is - I know a few supply-chain/analytics guys from Tesco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tentish klown
Apr 3, 2011

feedmegin posted:

Dude, there's one in Manchester. Where are you that that's north of you and you're still in 'the north' - Normandy?

North London

• Locked thread