Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Broccoli salad, American style!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvepivtcoZs&t=72s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Are there any practical applications for this research though?

I'm talking about hoverboards. Real ones, not those lovely loving ghetto ones that keep exploding on youtube.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

I'd be up for that, we could make it work with some kind of Besźel type arrangement.

edit: On this day in 1990, the terrorist Nelson Mandela was freed from prison on a technicality.

tooterfish fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Feb 11, 2016

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

But Dave said everything was fine!

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Don't be so loving insensitive.

Nazi Collaborator Rolls.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Corbyn's appeal isn't that he's nice, it's that he offers a proper left wing alternative to the current neo-liberal shites that dominate all three mainstream parties.

Who gives a gently caress if he's nice? If he's too nice to capitalise on the Tories gutting public services and angling to sell them off to their mates at knock down prices, on their program of austerity actually making the ecomomy worse and loving killing people... then he should go. gently caress him. We need nice like we need a loving hole in the head.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

icantfindaname posted:

As an American, please explain what's going on with this referendum? I know Britain is in the EU but not the Euro. I guess David Cameron tried to one-up the far right by promising a Brexit referendum and now he's campaigning against his own policy? Lol
Much like your own Republican party, there are actually two Tory parties.

One caters to FYGM Little Englanders who think everything wrong with the world can be summed up by "Foreigners", the Victorians were Right About Everything and Hitler wasn't such a bad chap if you look past the Jewish thing. These people hate the EU, because Britain is full, foreigners Don't Integrate and the human rights act helps swarthy paedophiles abuse British children.

The other is the party of big business and corporate welfare. Big business loving loves the EU, because it's a large and lucrative export market and the inflow of immigrants benefits the economy by increasing demand for goods and services at home and creates downward pressure on wages.

Cameron is caught in continual tension between the two, because he can't win without the Little Englanders... but the businesses actually fund his party and line his pockets. This referendum is an attempt to appease one end of the party while nodding and winking at the other, because a Brexit win is a practical impossibility. He expected the stay vote to win easily, unfortunately he seems to have underestimated how strong Eurosceptic sentiment is (ironically fuelled by his tabloid selling mates, who cater to the same tensions), and now he's making GBS threads it.

tooterfish fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Feb 20, 2016

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

awesome-express posted:

It's not. Britain is actually pretty rad and is one of the better countries in the world imo.
Careful, that kind of talk will get you lynched around here. Or wedgied at the very least.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Greeks you say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zkL91LzCMc&t=116s

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Fried Chicken posted:

UK posters, could you please explain to me how it is that this fellow is the most influential man in Britain tonight?
Because he's incredibly rich and well connected?

You think the character he plays in public is who he really is? It's been noted he deliberately musses his hair before he appears in interviews...

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

MikeCrotch posted:

I'm also pretty sure he masturbates while listening to the The Best of Winston Churchill to prepare for any public speaking event.
You're a braver man than I, speculating about a Tory's sexual proclivities... that kind of thing can lead you to some very dark places.

Extreme0 posted:

Because the British are sub-human filth that should of been exterminated instead of the Jews.
Should have.

If Gove had his way and they brought back the cane, you wouldn't be making such an elementary mistake!

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

The Stalin Beer comes with a funny looking bottle opener.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Nah, my highly evolved brain can distinguish up to two distinct types of Russian. Ones with bushy moustaches, and ones with bushy beards. Stalin was clearly the former, while Rasputin the latter. There's no ambiguity there.

I was referencing Trotsky's assassination.

Also, why is it there's always more s's in assassination than you think?

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

I think you're all too cynical.

The one time a kipper wants something to be more brown, and all you can do is piss and moan.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Renaissance Robot posted:

why is one of those mums fisting yoda (whilst possibly also giving him a handy)
You got a problem with mixed race couples?

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Trickjaw posted:

Anyone know what line up of spanners is on QT tonight?
Pork markets!

https://twitter.com/bbcquestiontime/status/702542845291438080/photo/1

edit: I didn't know it did that, not being a twatter.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

I'd rather reserve judgement on that for when he loses in 2020, and the country is plunged into 1000 years of darkness.

Feb 26th 1914, the HMHS Britannic is launched. Sister ship to the Titanic, she would later continue the proud White Star Line tradition of running into things and sinking.

tooterfish fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Feb 26, 2016

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Putting them with all the other unwanted poo poo people left behind, deliberate satire or happy accident?

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

MrL_JaKiri posted:

The BBC does, deservedly, look bad. However there are an awful lot of people who completely undeservedly look good (or at least not bad) from all of this which is incredibly depressing. The example of Jimmy Saville and the Tory party springs to mind.
It is infuriating that they get to use this as a stick to repeatedly beat the hated BBC, but everyone seems to have forgotten how loving chummy Thatcher was with the guy.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Well, what an awesomely poo poo year it's been so far.

I'm gonna go cuddle my pet brick for a bit.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Troy Queef posted:

That would be an ecumenical matter.
Yes.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Gorn Myson posted:

He could have been Pope you know, but the Jesuits have it all tied up.
Mind your language please, this is a solemn occasion.

It's the Feckin' Jesuits.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

shrike82 posted:

Find it odd that Amazon Prime Now defaults to a 2-pound tip for deliveries.
I thought the point of a Prime sub was you got free next day deliveries?

That's a bit loving cheeky if you ask me.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Hoops posted:

Amazon Prime Now is the one-hour courier delivery service, not the next day shipping.
My mistake.

It'd still be better if they didn't sneak this additional charge in like that though. If the new service is untenable without the extra charge, just be up front about it.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Zephro posted:

Would you tip a Trident captain after he fired his nukes?
Be rude not to IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Pissflaps posted:

I don't know what Brewdog is.
From what I can tell, hipster Whetherspoons.

• Locked thread