Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo

Jedit posted:

Assange is as I recall asserting that he did what they said but they consented, and that they are playing the "retroactive withdrawal of consent" card permitted by Swedish law.

You can do that in Sweden? jesus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Tesseraction posted:

In specific circumstances. Such as if you tell someone you don't need protection because you're sterile when that's not true. In cases like that the partner can retroactively withdraw consent.

Oh ok that makes sense actually

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Apparently the police have arrested some of GBC's Legal Observers in Birmingham and nobody knows why. Any ideas phoon?

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

il_cornuto posted:

Those posts are giving me bad flashbacks to the only part of maths I hated at school, can we get a trig warning on them please.

noice

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

So far 9 out of 20 NHS CEOs have publicly said - mostly on Twitter- that they support the terms of the contract but don't support imposition of it, despite a great many of those 20 saying they wanted the government to force it through "by any means necessary".

Peculiar.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/feb/12/health-chief-letter-whatever-necessary-contracts-not-agreed

It's all coming apart at the seams.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

People reacting rather than thinking once again.

Although you could say that private jokes such as that shouldn't be shared outward, but even so.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

jabby posted:

He also spelled her surname wrong in the tweet defending his joke and claiming they are good friends, so there's that.

It's so incorrect in his tweet I can't see how it can be anything other than a bit of an autocorrect error.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Miftan posted:

As a brief interlude from Hitler's micropenis and other nazi forum posters, I have a question about the Edinburgh Fringe Festival. Me and my partner are considering going, but neither of us have been there. Do goons from the area have specific recommendation of when to book, where to stay, where we can see Swiss people singing Scottish folk songs, etc?

The Fringe is great. If you hold off a few months you can get two-for-one tickets at selected shows at the bigger venues. I have no information on booking hotels and the like as I live here.

Of course, what you should do is come to the Free Fringe and get the full spirit of the fringe in you. And you must come to our shows as well and be educated, entertained and informed. We podcasted some of our shows from 2015 so you can try before you come down.

http://www.edinburghskeptics.co.uk/fringe/fringe-about/

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

Miftan posted:

That actually sounds really cool and if we're there we'll probably drop by! Do tickets for stuff usually sell out early? I'd hate to miss out because we booked hotels and events too late.

Ummm to be honest I'm not sure, I've never had anything sell out on me but I buy earlier in the year (like April/May). I imagine there's always a chance, but they always seem to find extras, or do an extra day at the end.

There's also the cheap ticket booths around the city which do selected shows at cheap prices but thats totally random and they do different ones every day. I think they put them on the internet.

If you do come down to EdSkeptics say hi, I'll probably be running tech.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

UCLan is a nice place to work I worked there for 6 years before I moved up to Edinburgh.

Preston's dead as gently caress though. DePreston, more like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

ThomasPaine posted:

That's a lovely story and your sister's partner sounds like a prick but this poo poo belongs in E/N

Considering the derails that happen in this thread on a daily basis, I'd say his post fitted right in.

• Locked thread