Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

ThomasPaine posted:

They are, but I'm more concerned with the individualistic assumption that some person's desire to avoid an uncomfortable situation trumps their ideological obligation.

What does this mean with regard to trigger warnings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

Nothing puts me in a better mood for building apps than spending hours of my life researching and switching electricity providers

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

Malcolm XML posted:

At their size they should have enough data to construct good predictions for most people based on shopping habits. Big data is a dumb term but the results are pretty good

Target famously sent a teen girl a list of baby items and got flak from her father until he talked to his daughter and discovered she was pregnant

Did they figure it out from some subtle change in her habits or is it just like every other rubbish recommendation engine "you bought a baby thing PLEASE BUY MORE BABY THINGS"

• Locked thread