Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Cleretic posted:

Nintendo's last CEO was originally a programmer, and he was one of the best leaders any gaming company's ever had. You might be onto something.

It's almost like it's a good idea to promote internally and to choose people who have extensive knowledge of the products that your company makes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I still don't know what Snapchat is, exactly. Then again I can barely operate Instagram.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I didn't know there were still 26 K-Marts left in business.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

sharknado slashfic posted:

You from Maryland by any chance? Same thing with my local mall.

e: I guess it was common

Babbage's was nationwide. I used to go to one in Oklahoma.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

A Pinball Wizard posted:

Not so much "a cyborg eye" as "a homemade Google glass he welded to his face"

Seriously that dude's a weirdo.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
How many more loving K-Marts are there even left to close?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I loving hate self-checkout machines and avoid them whenever possible because they never work right for me.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Der Kyhe posted:

The only irritation left is that if you buy any alcohol you have to wave down the supervising clerk to OK my purchase.

This is why I hate them so much.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Moon Slayer posted:

I don't drink coffee. It tastes gross.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Rotten Red Rod posted:

We've had those for a while in San Diego. The dockless bikes have been a huge issue for the NIMBY capital of the US (Coronado Island), so much that they banned them:

http://www.cbs8.com/story/37771242/coronado-to-declare-dockless-bikes-a-public-nuisance

I'm pro-bikeshare, but I've started spotted them abandoned in ditches and on the sides of freeways, so I don't know how long this will last. It can't be profitable.

NIMBY hive or not it's hard to blame Coronado for banning the things. I nearly backed into one that someone had abandoned outside my garage door one morning.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Iron Crowned posted:

It's a castle

No, it isn't. It couldn't withstand a siege by the present-day members of Monty Python.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I don't know of any dead malls in the San Diego region, but I've also never bothered to look for one. The ones in Fashion Valley will probably be around forever because of all the new housing built in the surrounding area makes them actually convenient to people's lives, and Horton Plaza is literally in the center of downtown so it's safe too.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

McPhearson posted:

Horton Plaza is definitely a dead mall. It only has one anchor left, almost all the storefronts are empty, it is in serious need of repair, and they didn't even bother to do any seasonal decorations for the last 3 years straight. It's kind of baffling how it's doing so badly when there is so much foot foot traffic right on the street, and all the surrounding businesses seem to be doing great.
I just looked it up and some real estate company recently bought Horton Plaza and plans to tear it down and replace it with office spaces.

Huh, didn't realize. I only ever go there to watch films anyway, so no big loss.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The only thing I order from amazon that aren't books or CDs/Blu-Rays are electric razor foils because gently caress trying to find those at a store.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I don't know what the gently caress LaCroix is.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Clearly Canadian was the weirdest fad in the early 90s.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Groda posted:

I badgered my parents for New York Seltzer so much when I was a kid. It had such satisfying packaging -- I think the labels were polystyrene, and were so satisfying to peel off.

This stuff came back to my local Vons last year. Dunno if it's still there but it was nice while it lasted.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
IPAs and other super hoppy beers always taste soapy to me.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Beachcomber posted:

Wine Capri sun

This post is violence.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Little Caesar's has the best garbage-tier chain pizza. Also their founder paid Rosa Parks' rent for the last decade of her life.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
You know there's laws against forced population transfers, right?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Whatever you say man.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Uncle Lloyd posted:

They stumbled into a spectacular amount of money by investing early in Alibaba.

Also, 96 more Sears/Kmarts closing by February, which will leave them with 192, which is 192 more than I thought they would have by now.

I drove by an actual open Sears a couple days ago. It threw off my whole afternoon.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Strangers don't want to hear lame lovely dad jokes but I will never stop inflicting them on my friends and family.

I mean, that's the proper environment for lovely dad jokes.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I've shopped at Pier 1 off and on for decades and I'm still not sure what their business model is supposed to be.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Unions are an absolute necessity in the aggregate, but it's not all contradictory to this statement to observe that individual ones can still suck profound amounts of rear end.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Volmarias posted:

It seems like the defense industry is one place where there is not, in fact, volume discount for mile-high cost overrun projects.

There is, actually, but it takes a lot to kick in. The reason the B-2 has such a high unit cost is the order was curtailed from something like 700 to less than 30.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

CharlestheHammer posted:

Plus America hasn’t had to deal with any real air threats in so long they are effectively just grift machines at this point

:lol: this is really, really wrong.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

GWBBQ posted:

Given the poo poo quality at one of two local Wendy's locations, I would absolutely download rather than drive 20 minutes to get there, and if I was doing that I would drive 12 minutes to get to Burger King instead.

Yeah but imagine the mess if the printer jammed.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Picnic Princess posted:

That guy keeps adding random news stories to the same thread a couple times a year, the thread goes back to 2014. I think he doesn't know how to tweet.

I've been beaten to pointing out that that guy is former Helldump superstar Boniface.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Iron Crowned posted:

I'd be down with Corona making clothing optional in the work place

Think about what you're asking for. This is like fisting yourself with the monkey's paw.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Microsoft has retail stores?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

ellspurs posted:

Talking of shopping centres

Mall operator already in high debt enters administration.

Trafford Centre is loving hideous.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Charles Entertainment Cheese

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

teen witch posted:

(not all fat women want to wear garbage rockabilly poo poo good LORD)

Where the hell did this trend come from, anyway? And if it was never a thing, why did clothing shops start thinking it was?

Similarly, why did horn-rimmed glasses straight out of The Far Side make a comeback?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

FilthyImp posted:

Horn rims was probably due to the big band revival of the mid 90s along with the guy from Heroes.

Except nobody wore horn rims in the 90s. They didn't become a thing until after 2010.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

there wolf posted:

Nope. They started coming back in the late 90's. I know because I got a pair in 7th grade and it's probably the only time I've ever been fashion-forward in my entire life. It took about another decade for them to supplant skinny metal frames as the standard frame style, though.

Might've been a regional thing because I lived in Southern California and I never saw the drat things anywhere.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

there wolf posted:

Maybe so. We're you shopping for glasses yourself at all?

Yes I was, but as a fashion-blind dude I just bought the same general style of dull wireframes for about a decade.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Michael Burry was the guy played by Christian Bale in The Big Short, for added surreality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I haven't eaten at Subway since Jared got busted for pedophilia and it was obvious the chain had covered for him.