Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Read After Burning posted:

I worked at a restaurant for a while, and the owner's favorite move was to not fire someone (because then he'd have to pay unemployment) but instead to just give them less and less hours until they gave up and quit on their own. :sigh:

That's constructive dismissal, not sure what the law is everywhere but a lot of places that still counts as being fired

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
They will literally give anyone a license to drive a car won't they

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Haifisch posted:

Meijer has similar but via their app, which means I'm never going to try it. I'm honestly not sure what the time savings is even supposed to be - you have to stop and scan everything anyway.

You put stuff directly into your bags and then just scan a QR code at a kiosk and then pay and walk out. Takes 30 seconds and there are never lines, it's fantastic. No waiting 20 minutes for the 1 cashier lane when it's busy since they only staff a couple lanes at most anymore.

It also automatically tells you if there's any coupons for any of the items you scan