Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

My dentist said cavities are way up because people drink LaCroix slowly rather than chugging a can in a few minutes like Coke. With the carbonic acid in it it means it's swishing around the teeth for longer and doesn't give the enamel time to regenerate.

So, :eng101: it you do drink sparkling water the advice I got was to drink it quick rather than holding onto it and taking brief sips

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Man just wait until this thread hears about alcoholic still water

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Lambert posted:

To this day, I haven't bought a single podcast product. Not missing anything.

I bought a Leesa mattress and I gotta say it's pretty great, but as the article mentioned it's not like I'm going to buy a mattress every month or even every like five years. Their "return it no questions asked and then we'll just donate the mattress" policy is great for the customer but is a miserable business plan

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

In fairness the literal best tasting thing I've ever had in my life was a double cheeseburger from Dairy Queen.

Granted, I was also The most stoned I've been in my life, but it stands. :colbert:

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

BigDave posted:

Turn them over to COMSUBPAC and COMSUBATL for target practice.

Time to make some new artificial reefs!

Man if they cut massive holes in the sides and made it so you could relatively safely explore some of the larger interior areas those would be BOSS HOGG for diving

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

My friend has a Peloton Bike and he has one of the few cases where it makes sense - he and his wife both use it, and have two kids. So they don't have time to go to the gym; and before they had kids they would go to spin classes and boot camp, and in the area they live in, a gym membership was $60 a person. A peloton bike monthly payment plus subscription is like $130, so it's essentially the same cost for them

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Topo Chico Debarge posted:

There was a tik tok I saw, I don't remember where. EIther reddit or SA. It was like POV: the commercial you woke up to when you fell asleep on the couch. It was for that new age music collection, with like Enya playing. I think it was called Pure Moods? All we need is a full page ad for Columbia House cd's.

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/6954051693520768262

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

My friend got me a koozie from there that says "I <3 BUTT DRUGS" and its a prized posession

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

AngryRobotsInc posted:

Lowell "The Hammer" Stanley's voice and "Beach Ford, Barton Ford, Lincoln Mercury.....first class!" are the exceedingly local commercial audio things that immediately flash me back to my childhood.

Everything we do is simply just for you, RK Chevrolet Buick at the Beach!
Iiiifff you’re hurtttt call Joynes and Bieebeerr

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Empty Sandwich posted:

*Joel Bieber

I had no idea he wasn't local to me, but it looks as though he operates in 6 markets

e

markets

It was once Joynes and Bieber in like the early 90s. I think you can probably trace a bunch of partnership drama through that jingle because it was something like
Joynes and Bieber
Joel Bieber
Joynes - Macari or something
Joynes and Gaides

Edit: oh hell yes https://scholar.lib.vt.edu/VA-news/VA-Pilot/issues/1997/vp970610/06100221.htm

Edit 2: oh gently caress yes Bieber got Lowell THE HAMMER Stanley in this case this is the most VB thing ever

SgtScruffy has a new favorite as of 12:01 on Jul 30, 2022

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

AngryRobotsInc posted:

The only way it could be more Hampton Roads is if somehow Little Joe "I'd give them away but my wife won't let me" got involved.

In a wonderfully related “tell a story in ten words” one day the commercials were “…but my mom won’t let me”

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

The Sphere thing seems like a lot of nothing (?) to me because it is for the Quarter ending 9/30, and.... it opened on 9/29. So it makes sense that a massive long-term event space that is a technological wonder didn't make money when it wasn't able to do one of its main revenue generating functions :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Decrepus posted:

i'm a mechanical
i'm a mechanical
i'm a mechanical turk

I’m not going to let this go unappreciated