Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Pretty sure all Sears stores have carried Lands End for about a decade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

How Rude posted:

Culver's is amazing, their chicken strips are unparalleled

also their cheese curds are incredible. and custard is so smooth and creamy

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm on a diet and now I'm craving this good tasting unhealthy garbage
Yes, all true (though I haven't tried their cheese curds) but there burgers are, in fact, greasy as hell. Soak-through-paper greasy.

But they do call them Butter Burgers, so it's not exactly unexpected.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Krispy Kareem posted:

Does it really taste like BBQ ribs? I've managed to avoid McRibs even though I've eaten my weight in double quarter pounders with cheese.

It just looks weird.
Think bun-sized "Pork McNugget" swimming in BBQ sauce.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Cheap as hell nut mix, cashews, trail mix, etc. though.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
They have above average pizzas imo (well above grocery store offerings here) and around here they’re really cheap for what you get. I think their most expensive 16” loaded pizza is $15.

Also take and bake can be handy if the place is on your daily commute route.

E: also probably a relatively cheap business to run, they have no freezers or ovens.

WithoutTheFezOn has a new favorite as of 17:17 on Aug 7, 2017

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

fordan posted:

I get no ovens, but no freezers?
No. Multiple refrigerators but no freezers. At least that’s so in our local one.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
That’s only about 6% of their restaurants.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Krispy Kareem posted:

middle-class people need the tax break.
Only 30% of US households itemize deductions.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
^^ don’t forget to activate 5% cash back at groceries for April-June!

ladron posted:

Is discover still a thing? Even futurama in the 90s was mocking them because no one accepted it. was it because of fees or...?
Back then, Discover was new (started around 85 I think) and it took about a decade for widespread merchant acceptance. Now it’s everywhere, it’s even an option at the top of all my medical bills.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Gordmans did file for bankruptcy, but the stores still exist. Many of them at least.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Not exactly news but all the Bob-Ton department stores are closing. ~250 stores over six brands.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
“AMC has no idea what we pay them.” is a sentence I wasn’t expecting.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Is ACE Hardware still around?
Very much so.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Soysaucebeast posted:

I figured this was coming though, since the one near me has had a 50-75% off sale every day for the past two years. They had to have been bleeding money.
They declared bankruptcy in 2017, too, so yeah this wasn’t really out of the blue.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Doesn’t it also mean former tire buyers come in periodically and have 20 minutes to kill and oh hey there’s a great big store on the other side of this wall?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Despite that, I keep thinking I want to buy a CO2 tank and some of those bottle fittings.
PSA: people are leaving out the crucial detail that you also need a regulator between the tank and those bottle fittings. Easy to get but be prepared to spend $50-100 for that.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Acute Grill posted:

I mean, you can just get 2-liters of unflavored seltzer water at your local grocery store for super cheap if you're really into it and don't want to buy cans.
Here’s the odd thing though — no you (meaning I) can’t. You can get liters of super cheap flavored seltzer, but regular seltzer is usually 50-100% more expensive than other sodas like Coke and 7-Up.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Seems like more often than not, BK has that 10 nuggets for $1.49 deal. That’s the only thing I can remember buying from them in years.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Boneless chicken breast with rib meat, water, isolated oat product, potato starch, seasoning (modified corn starch, salt, maltodextrin, yeast extract, chicken stock, flavors, wheat starch, dextrose, propylene glycol and citric acid), salt, sodium phosphates.

Chicken is cheap. I, a single consumer, can get chicken breast here any day of the week for $1.99/lb without a sale.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Groceries appear to be about 1/6 of all retail sales.

Bunch of numbers in table 1 here: https://www.census.gov/retail/marts/www/marts_current.pdf

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
You can walk into Perkins and buy a pie. No way it can be worst.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Super Waffle posted:

Hell, Jimmy Buffet has an entire resort that opened here in Orlando

https://www.margaritavilleresorts.com/margaritaville-resort-orlando
There are 24 Margariaville resorts, plus more restaurant/bars.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Elviscat posted:

Seriously, one of America's foremost food critics was astounded by their quality.
If that’s the video I think it is, he only praised one of their food items.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

MarcusSA posted:

5k (or whatever) for the bike and like $50 a month just to use the drat thing.
The bikes are $1895 and there’s a lower app sub that lets you do everything but a couple things (like let a live trainer change your bike's resistance) for $13/mo. The regular sub is $40/mo, and it’s a family sub.

Still pretty expensive, but you’re exaggerating just a wee bit.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Krispy Wafer posted:

Publix subs are good.
I’d put them more at “average at best, but relatively cheap”.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I’m traveling for work and just ate at a Cracker Barrel and I’m really confused how a restaurant whose entire business strategy was “build next to hotel parking lots” survived the pandemic.
Forgiven business loans, would be my guess.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Techbros is one thing, but having the entity that millions of people use to get their initial estimates of house values also be in the business of flipping houses seems far from ethical.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

CommissarMega posted:

Any specific reason Revlon's gone bust (e.g. bad chemicals in their cosmetics, CEO embroiled in a scandal etc)? Or is it just that people haven't been buying their stuff lately?
Boring stuff. Lower sales, supply chain problems, and they’re got huge debt.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Cowslips Warren posted:

That's hilarious
but not true.

Companies are worried about “brand safety”, and told Musk that repeatedly during conference calls.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
His yes/no poll contains no question.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Anora posted:

In Kansas we have an opposite situation, our own employee owned store called Hyvee …
Trivia: you know what “employee owned” means for HyVee? One of their employee 401(k) options is to buy HyVee stock.

That’s it.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Lol, never heard of a charity getting a severance package.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

FlamingLiberal posted:

I would say in the last year or so we hit the point where cable is probably a better option financially over subscribing to the main streaming services.
Our two cable options here cost $140 and $136 per month. YouTube tv is $75.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Not just quarters, but years. Multiple ones.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
No, Apple still ships directly. You also don’t need to make an appointment at a store to buy stuff, but it may save some time.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
In a town with the famous nickname of The City That Never Sleeps.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Foxfire_ posted:

He was legally required to negotiate based on what was best for the general shareholders, not himself personally.
How? As in, if he doesn’t act in the best interest for general shareholders, what law(s)/regulations/whatever has he violated?

I understand that someone who does that may end up facing an attempt to be ousted, but what’s illegal about it?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Thanks, good to know.

Hypothetically, how large a block of shareholders is generally required to take legal action?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Tall Tale Teller posted:

Buy a tire gauge for $3 and you are beholden to no tire place.
Or have a Wawa nearby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Teslas aren’t replacing box trucks or F-150s though.

Not saying anything about road damage, but electric vehicles are heavy compared to many passenger vehicles.

WithoutTheFezOn has a new favorite as of 02:41 on Apr 3, 2024