Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Boywhiz88 posted:

There's also a realization that oh wait, the way we design cars means that even Tesla's are godawful heavy because of their batteries so they wreck roads more and burn through tires faster. Oh wait... there hasn't been a widespread realization of that. Yet.

Those realizations are slow coming, and for good reasons. Per-vehicle road damage scales exponentially with weight, so even if Ol' Musky dropped an 8 ton Tesla tomorrow it'd still be a rounding error compared to dump trucks hauling gravel or fully loaded 18 wheelers.

Some day we (Americans) will realize that rail is God's Own Solution to long-haul heavy weight shipping, and yes, on that day the Teslas will draw ire. That's a long, long way off still, and the re-propigation of rail in America is a longer way off still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

Volmarias posted:

... Isn't this Kohl's entire business model?

Kohl's business model is to have cheap poo poo on the shelves with high prices, then "discount" half the store every week and hope they can trick you into buying one or two non-discount items so they can make a ton of money in one shot. Their discounts bring products to less than MSRP, but only just, so they still make good money on it.

Oh and they also have "Kohl's Cash" which is basically a gatcha game except in real life. Sometimes you get more Kohl's Cash for shopping on certain days or buying certain items, and Kohl's Cash is worth more on certain days (not the same days, mind). It's an elaborate game to keep them top-of-mind and get people who are addicted to the game into the store much more frequently than they otherwise would.

It amazes me, my mom and several of my exes are Kohl's devotees, and while they do save a little bit over online shopping they also tend to spend a ton of money at Kohl's to play the game, and they don't recognize that they're in a trap.