Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Play none of those. These days there isn't even much you can still recommend, not after Trion took a total nose dive and most things coming out are imports with severely abusive cash shops. The closests I can come to recommend a game is The Secret World if you like the setting and get over the somewhat clunky combat or, and I can't believe I'm suggesting it, The Old Republic, if you're willing to throw down like 40 or 50 bucks to get rid of the worst restrictions. Both of those are solid single player experiences where you occasionally group up to beat up a giant dude if you want to. The dungeons and group stuff in ToR is at the very least inoffensive and the dungeons in TSW are legit good.

If it has to be fantasy, Dungeons and Dragons Online is also pretty good but also old and it looks the part. You can always just join whatever flavor of the month goons are playing now but for the love of all that is holy, stay far away from anything Trion or Cryptic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread