Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
If you have hoopla through your local library they have "The Persian Expedition" by Xenophon published by Blackstone Audio and read by Pat Bottino.

I've been meaning to get around to the Anabasis for, uh, decades, thanks to this thread, long commutes and a handy format I'm gonna do it this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Murgos posted:

If you have hoopla through your local library they have "The Persian Expedition" by Xenophon published by Blackstone Audio and read by Pat Bottino.

I'm going to revisit this comment and say avoid this version. The narrator is about as wooden a reader as I have ever come across with little or no effort at saying the greek words consistently much less correctly.

I can't make it more than a few minutes at a time before my attention is focused entirely on the [poor] quality of the narration rather than the content.

• Locked thread