Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
It looks like FC Cincinnati might of finally figured out Soccer in Cincy. Watching the SilverBacks, and the Kings, and the Saints, it seems like they were able to build something that the people finally want.

I think the first game we would of drew in more fans, but holy poo poo it was cold! The second game is hopefully something more and more people can get behind. They are still working out how many concession boths to open, and a biergarden but so far so good! There are a couple Supporter Groups that are striving and really trying to get more people engaged with the team.

They are showing the games on local tv but the Camera crew really needs to work on their skills, it is like they are fully zoomed out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
It was pouring rain this weekend but Cincinnati still managed 11,318 to come out and cheer! The club is averaging 15,491 fans per game right now. I am not sure if they will be able to sustain it now that UC is done for the summer, so the student section is going to dwindle massively, but hopefully with nice weather people will still come out!

The games are fun, our goalie is awesome, but our defense is not really that good.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
That dude deserves criminal charges, gently caress him.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
So the owner of FC Cincinnati has decided to try and break our previous USL attendance record this weekend.... He is trying to get to 25K Saturday...

I know Monday they surprised 10K tickets which is good, but I don't know if it is enough yet... The weather originally looked like rain, which would stop people from coming out, but it now looks like rain in the morning and then clear for the game.

They are really pushing marketing with the Bengals for this weekends game to get some new faces in the seats. I hope we can break the record, but with UC being out for the summer and the coldish weather and slight chance of rain I don't see it happening:

Jeff Berding tweet at Chad Johnson to try and get him to come out but he was going to be in Seattle already suppoesdly, I am actually surprised he didn't take him up on the offer as much as he loves soccer.

fyallm fucked around with this message at 14:33 on May 12, 2016

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

wicka posted:

bring back parkes, let him kick burfict

Hahaha, the pitt rivalry is real..

On a different note, FC Cincinnati is now cold calling people who bought tickets before online and haven't bought again... Not a good sign for beating that record

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

camoseven posted:

Every sports team does that all the time, though

Weird, I have not gotten a call from the bengals, reds, cyclones, cincy saints (bad example), Columbus Crew, Florence Freedom yet. And this was the first time FC Cincinnati called me and it's not the second game.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Berding during a presentation last night said the ticket sales for FC Cincinnati hit 17.5k tickets sold. They are expecting around 3k~ in walk up window sales... That is still a decent size gap from the 25K they wanted.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Well FCC is now at 20k tickets sold for tomorrow !

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Didn't make the 25K but drat it was chilly outside!! The town seems to be finally backing soccer

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
The FC Cincinnati game was postponed this weekend due to the field at Charlotte looking like this garbage dump:

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Do over Ham posted:

The USL people have been spreading a lot of misinformation about USL as a path to MLS, which gets picked up and repeated by others; spot the howlers here:

Wasn't the Minneapolis/Atlanta teams NASL? Orlando did go from USL to MLS thought I guess.

I am guessing they are saying the silverbacks(NASL) dissolved and\now Altanta United counts for MLS?

I have no idea what that article means... But hopefully within the next 4ish years FC Cincinnati will be included in that article :)

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
‎USL‬ sat down for an in-depth Q & A with FC Cincinnati club President Jeff Berding

quote:

The icing on the cake has been we’ve become a hot thing to do, the sort of cool thing. So there are a lot of people who are like, ‘hey, it’s Saturday night.’ Maybe it’s a girls’ night out, maybe it’s a group of couples getting together thinking, ‘let’s go to the soccer match and then go to dinner together.’ Creating an ‘it’ thing on the social scene so quickly as far as something cool to do in a city as big as Cincinnati has been just tremendous, and I think some of the decisions we’ve made from a management standpoint have helped play into that.

http://www.uslsoccer.com/news_article/show/658340

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

wicka posted:

total attendance figures for the top three leagues + NWSL, through 6/6: http://www.kenn.com/the_blog/?p=8105

cincy and the god drat portland thorns are outdrawing five MLS clubs (columbus, DC, colorado, chicago, dallas)

The craziest part is most of the cincy matches the weather has been pretty crappy. Yesterday was the first really nice day and attendance was great!

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
FC Cincinnati vs. Crystal Palace have sold out their match tonight... all 35,061 tickets sold.. Nippert Stadium is going to be rocking!

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Wow.. That is alot of people watching a soccer game on Facebook.

"Earlier this season, the USL [hosted] one of the first professional games on Facebook, FC Cincinnati hosting Crystal Palace, which 1.3 million watched."

http://www.uslsoccer.com/news_article/show/713764?referrer_id=2424346

Also Don Garber has announced he will be coming to Cincinnati on November 29th to figure out why we are getting record attendance...

Hopefully this means we still think we can make MLS by 2020

http://www.fccincinnati.com/news_article/show/710556

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
This was my favorite part of #MLS2STPETE

https://twitter.com/6thsoccer/status/806282958365659136

EDIT: Also with all of the hype for #MLS2CINCY I don't see it happening with the next expansion, which is very sad because I think the city thought we could get in just due to the hype and amount of attendance.... Here's to hoping the excitment doesn't wear off this next season.. Especially with losing Sean Okoli to MLS.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Former Vancouver Whitecaps FC 2 head coach, Alan Koch, has signed on with the FC Cincinnati staff as the Director of Scouting and Analytics and will also serve as an assistant coach.

A Head coach of MLS 2 side to our scouting director and head of analytics seems to be a powerful statement for FCC..... If we were a MLS side that makes sense, but for him to "step back" into a USL club shows the potential FCC organization has. Excellent grab by FCC, I would love to be in the analytics department and see "The numbers game" from inside.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
FC Cincinnati signed Louisville's captain. That makes 2 Louisville players signed onto FCC. Haha they are so mad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Ugh wtf FC Cincinnati... Half of the draw was John Harkes...... http://www.uslsoccer.com/news_article/show/759114?referrer_id=2333971

I am guessing the power struggle was to real.

• Locked thread