Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Rowdies announced a pre-season trip to England. They'll be playing Nottingham Forest, Notts County, and Leicester.

http://www.rowdiessoccer.com/news/2016/02/09/tampa-bay-rowdies-announce-preseason-training-trip-to-england

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Minnesota Hotloons

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Do over Ham posted:

Above photo of the Rowdies owners suite at Al Lang during last Saturday's game. That's Rowdies owner Bill Edwards with the hat and the glasses staring straight ahead; presumably one or more of the other people are the mystery VIP(s) in question. Not that I expect anyone to recognize any of them but whatever. Just interesting photo and sets off lots of pointless speculation in my mind. Anway....

The guy in green looking to the right in the photo looks like Lee Cohen, VP/COO of the Rowdies. I'm not sure about the other two on the left, though.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Rowdies 2 schedule released: http://www.rowdiessoccer.com/news/2016/03/10/rowdies-2-releases-inaugural-npsl-schedule

quote:

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (March 10, 2016) – The Tampa Bay Rowdies have announced the schedule of their National Premier Soccer League team, Rowdies 2.

Rowdies 2 will compete in the NPSL’s Sunshine Conference, taking on opponents from across Florida where they’ll have the chance to move Coastal Cup rivalries to a new level.

The NPSL Sunshine Conference South Region will see Rowdies 2 play the Fort Lauderdale Strikers U-23, Jacksonville Armada FC U-23, Kraze United, Miami Fusion FC, Miami United, Storm FC and Weston FC.

The regular season will begin with a road match against Miami United FC on Sunday May 8, followed by another away match at Jacksonville Armada U-23 the following Sunday.

Rowdies 2 makes its home debut on Saturday, May 21 against Storm FC. The team will begin June with three straight matches on the road and then close out the regular season with four consecutive home games.

The Rowdies also announced that all NPSL home matches will be played at the Waters Soccer Complex (8108 Benjamin Rd, Tampa, FL 33634) in Tampa, Fla. Kickoff times and ticket information will be announced at a later date.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

https://twitter.com/tampabayrowdies/status/713521039356112900

Ewwwww. Rowdies just announced a band called the Loudies who I guess are a bunch of middle schoolers.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Do over Ham posted:

Who are you and what have you done with Hoops McGee? :mad::

I miss Hoops so much. He was the best dirty sock mascot.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Rowdies looked flat. Not a very inspiring opening match. We really should have brought in a new coach. I like Stu, but we need someone with experience.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Not sure what to make of this.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Holy poo poo

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Crazy Ted posted:

Jacksonville just sold Richie Ryan to Miami FC for a reported transfer fee of $750,000

:stare:

:stare: :stare: :stare:

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Do over Ham posted:

This is what I keep telling Beckham via my psychic mind control powers but he hasn't succumbed yet. Al Lang is perfect. Screw Miami and its crooked politicians, Becks. Tampa Bay Rowdies is what you want.

It's really shocking that, after all the troubles trying to get stadium land, they've not gone with this.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Do over Ham posted:

The USL people have been spreading a lot of misinformation about USL as a path to MLS, which gets picked up and repeated by others; spot the howlers here:

That's ridiculous.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Joe Cole named Player of the Week:

http://www.rowdiessoccer.com/news/2016/05/31/tampa-bay-rowdies-midfielder-joe-cole-named-nasl-player-of-the-week

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Do over Ham posted:

In NASL, Rowdies beat Ottawa 2-1 at Al Lang. I was skeptical at first about the Joe Cole signing but he is turning out rather well. He still has plenty of hustle and his accurate passing has really improved the Rowdies offense. This is the first match he has been subbed out of (at about 77th minute) which is pretty impressive as he is not used to playing in this kind of heat and humidity. Both goals to Georgi Hristov; he has been doing quite well lately as well.

He's done really well. He provides some directness we've lacked recently, which is nice.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Do over Ham posted:

So, yay Dave! He was apparently banned (now un-banned) for past use of smoke bombs, which is ironic as the Rowdies do use images of the Mob with smoke bombs in their advertising, which is very MLS-like, I must say. Some of the older mobsters do have health issues with the smoke though. The other issue is Mobster dislike of the Loudies playing music nearby during the game. So, supporter drama. :allears:

I was right behind him when he lit the bomb a few games back and then on Wednesday when he was served his papers. Really strange. Glad it was reversed.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Do over Ham posted:

Rowdies tie Jacksonville in Jacksonville, 1-1.

Congrats to Indy (barring a Strikers fluke win).

At least it's not the Cosmos.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Do over Ham posted:

Patience Tampa Bay Rowdies...climb the ladder....(and get Al Lang expanded)....

Poor Ft. Lauderdale :(

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

So Joe Cole scored a pretty good goal tonight:

http://soccer.nbcsports.com/2016/07/16/video-tampa-bay-rowdies-joe-cole-bags-a-bicycle-kick-beauty/

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Do over Ham posted:

Tony Meola is done as Jacksonville coach:

He was really, really bad. Good move.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Do over Ham posted:

Sorry, King of False Promises, no Minnesota Hotloons. :unsmith:

drat, they missed out on an excellent opportunity there.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Crazy Ted posted:

Then they could just go by "Minnesota Loons" but of course that would be too American-y.

The fact that they couldn't keep Minnesota United shows how much fun MLS is.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Hearing rumors that Restrepo is on his way back to the Rowdies.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Do over Ham posted:

And it is now official:

http://www.rowdiessoccer.com/news/2016/09/07/rowdies-acquire-goalkeeper-diego-restrepo-from-fort-lauderdale-strikers

So, Rowdies buy another player from the Strikers. Allegedly because the Strikers owners are short on cash.

Rumors are also circulating that the Ft. Lauderdale Strikers owners are looking for someone to buy the club.

Bill should just finish the job and buy them.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

In unsurprising news, Rowdies have moved to USL: http://www.rowdiessoccer.com/news/2016/10/25/tampa-bay-rowdies-announce-move-to-united-soccer-league

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Do over Ham posted:

Also happy Gasparilla tomorrow (Sat. Jan. 28th) to all the drunken pirate fam in Tampa.

Happy that it will be my last Gasparilla spent on Davis Islands after 13 years of them.

• Locked thread