Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

A small minority of Fire fans are going crazy with anger over the announced NASL team in Chicago.

I'm not going to switch my allegiance, but I hope they can get their stuff figured out. They're going to have a hell of a time finding somewhere to play in the city that's got a capacity of over ~2,000 and isn't Soldier Field.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

camoseven posted:

Also, I would love to see some of the internet rage from Fire fans about the NASL team. Why are they mad??

Yeah, I saw that article. I just don't think Soldier Field is viable for NASL, even for 3 years. But Wilt knows much better than I do.

They're just mad that there's competition for butts in seats, in addition to all the other sports teams already in the area. And - frankly, I'm including myself in this - we're angry that the Fire didn't have the guts or the money or the intelligence or whatever to build in the city in the first place. Bridgeview sucks.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

camoseven posted:

The other options on their survey were Wrigley or the Cell, and I think Solider Field is definitely better than playing in a baseball stadium. I'm not really sure where else they could play in the city limits, unless they wanted to play at a university or high school. That would require installing seating, and possibly having weird rules about alcohol.

Exactly. DePaul and UIC's stadiums are too small.

• Locked thread