Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Welcome to GBS
Feb 26, 2011

Had a great trip with Lane United's (of the USL PDL) supporters group the Red Aces up to face the Portland Timbers U-23's yesterday. While there weren't a ton of us, we still had a great time and raised a good ruckus. Basically no security at the pitch so we openly drank and smoked throughout the match.

It was a bit of a cagey affair, but ended 1-0 with Lane United earning their first road win in their short history. This was especially great because the Oregon State coach, who usually has his players play with us during the summer, decided he would prefer them to play with a big name club like the Timbers. Our leading scorer from last season (Timmy Mueller) played up top all 90 minutes for the timbers and it's fair to say he had a poor game, probably due to the heckling he had to put up with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Welcome to GBS
Feb 26, 2011

Thoughts on ideal Tier 2 + 3 situation going forward? Should USL become tier 2?

I am worried that we are headed towards worse than just a single entity tier 1, and may be headed towards our whole pyramid being a single entity.

Welcome to GBS
Feb 26, 2011

Went to my first board meeting for our supporters group of the local PDL club last night. Learned so much about the club and it's history because the manager of our team (who helped found the supporters group initially, but has since sold out to bigger business interests in an effort to grow the club) sent a pretty heavy handed email to our president telling him to step up. The rest of the board was pretty offended that he would try to leverage our volunteer based organization to drum up support for his club.

All in all, I had a lot of fun. I think there's a lot of things I can do to help the group so I'm excited to be a bigger part of local soccer.

• Locked thread