Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
I just saw Rayo OKC logo for the first time and just what the duck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

CaptainYesterday posted:

It's based off the Rayo Vallecano logo, which I believe has meaning behind it.

Yeah it makes sort of sense since it's the same owner.
They did change the badge but not enough so that it still looks like Rayo's badge from a distance.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

camoseven posted:

I am at the NASL final right now, and this is the biggest joke of a stadium I've ever been to. 2,300 max capacity, no beer, they had to bring in concession stands cause they don't have any normally. Portapotties everywhere.

wicka posted:

omg, they're playing it at st johns' hilarious stadium?

Yes, I skipped the final even though I had tickets available to me because I cannot stand the stadium or the commute to it.

Crazy Ted posted:

For reasons that are absolutely bizarre, Hofstra University told the Cosmos that they would not be allowed to use Shuart Stadium on a weekend if they made the NASL final and told them they'd maybe have to settle for a midweek game.

And they have to play any MLS visiting games at some other stadium as well.

The lack of a stadium has hurt them more than anything else. Even this year they basically closed down one half of the stadium (where I used to have great season seats) just so that they can show more people crammed into the only section open on TV.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
After watching the Cosmos die the first time around, this second slow death just has me disinterested.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
just when I thought I could put away my Cosmos scarf for good, they come back again from the dead.
Bastards have no regard for anyone's feelings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

camoseven posted:

The Cosmos will be playing at MCU park in Brooklyn this year. Seems like it should be waaaay better than Hofstra.

It's not. It's a baseball field.

• Locked thread