Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It makes sense. It's way easier to get a loving license than a trucking license.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I gotta say, a trucker sim game set in the USA sounds like one of the most boring things imaginable. I mean my county is larger than a lot of countries in Europe

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think it's just Cali because trying to have people actually truck for days across a digital USA seems like too much

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Now Entering Kansas
The Real Dark Souls Begins Here

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

youtube search: getting past the two archers at the turnpike

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

speed traps unfair help!

how do I get past the speed trap in colfax, washington???? impossible to slow to 25, cops waiting behind sign!! this game is bull----!!!

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
if this was set in the southeast i'd buy it for my dad but i think his southern pride would be too powerful to let him drive even virtually in california

imagine if this had one huge global cb radio network

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

speed traps unfair help!

how do I get past the speed trap in colfax, washington???? impossible to slow to 25, cops waiting behind sign!! this game is bull----!!!

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Bobnumerotres posted:

youtube search: getting past the two archers at the turnpike

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

Now Entering Kansas
The Real Dark Souls Begins Here

Written on a truck stop bathroom wall: Try tongue but hole

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lol

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pablo Gigante posted:

Lol

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

Imminent head...

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i don't really get truck simulator

so right after the start of the game, I can go from the garage, take some roads, then slowly whittle down a giant highway (and it sounds like there's a boss after that) or go face some miniboss around the corner. Anyway, at some point on this highway or trying to fight the miniboss I gently caress up and crash, and so have to take the same roads again, in the same way, in the exact same place

since I'm not as quick as I used to be it would take me a while to get good enough to beat either section, so in the meantime I'm just going along the same path, taking the same turns in the same spots, over and over again. it's already getting boring and i get the impression that this core activity loop is basically the game and I don't really get what's appealing about it

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

so right after the start of the game, I can go from the garage, take some roads, then slowly whittle down a giant highway (and it sounds like there's a boss after that) or go face some miniboss around the corner. Anyway, at some point on this highway or trying to fight the miniboss I gently caress up and crash, and so have to take the same roads again, in the same way, in the exact same place

since I'm not as quick as I used to be it would take me a while to get good enough to beat either section, so in the meantime I'm just going along the same path, taking the same turns in the same spots, over and over again. it's already getting boring and i get the impression that this core activity loop is basically the game and I don't really get what's appealing about it

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Bobnumerotres posted:

im so tired of these drat wheels rolling in from nowhere and crashing me

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bobnumerotres posted:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lmfao

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Bobnumerotres posted:

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
*motionless on a steep hill* I'm pressing gas. I'm PRESSING IT!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ristolaz posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ristolaz posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

You're telling me you lose all your freight when you crash? This is bullshit

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Oh, cool, wow, some twinked-out rear end in a top hat just passed me. Great multiplayer, NOT.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

You're telling me you lose all your freight when you crash? This is bullshit

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

[slowly drifting into shoulder] What the gently caress? Why is it rumbling? Is something attacking me?

[running off shoulder and into drainage ditch] Oh cool, can't even use half my wheels now, wooooooow.

[driving over enormous field of lentils, peas, other nitrogen fixers] What? Why are there no signs? I can't even find the road. Great. Nice open world, Bethesda, good job. Way to give me a map.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
GamerReact - Newb Plays American Truck Simulator Blind! [RAGE ALERT!]

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The only video game truck I need

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

GamerReact - Newb Plays American Truck Simulator Blind! [RAGE ALERT!]

haha

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

[slowly drifting into shoulder] What the gently caress? Why is it rumbling? Is something attacking me?

[running off shoulder and into drainage ditch] Oh cool, can't even use half my wheels now, wooooooow.

[driving over enormous field of lentils, peas, other nitrogen fixers] What? Why are there no signs? I can't even find the road. Great. Nice open world, Bethesda, good job. Way to give me a map.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

3LAMESTUDIO - AMERICAN TRUCK SIMULATOR MEETS TWERKING UNDERTALE

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
glad the funny people are here now this thread was des-truck-ting

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

hmm, im not against puns, even if theyre kinda lame. but i guess this is the dark souls of gaming forums

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

oh.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

*me, reversing down the freeway* Oh cool you remapped the controls. Very FUNNY DARREN

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

OP I'll probably get this when they add my home state.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

OP I'll probably get this when they add my home state.

Same. When I see a Texas DLC I'm in.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

Same. When I see a Texas DLC I'm in.

It's going to be one of the first ones along with New Mexico. I'm ready to truck down I-20.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Wait.

Eurotruck was supposed to be calming?

• Locked thread