Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Oh, when I was growing up, text adventures were my thing. My first computer was a Commodore Vic20, so I had the Scott Adams games, Adventure Isle and a Dracula one (names are probably off). 2 word parsers, no internet or clue books for help, but good times.
Then upgraded to an Apple IIc so I could finally play the Infocom titles. Planetfall and Hitchhikers (book nerd) were my favs, I was rockin' high school with my "I caught the Babel fish" t-shirt, which was basically a magnet for bullies. Playing those games really expanded my vocabulary at the time. Also the packaging for the Infocom games was amazing, so many goodies. I still have whats left of my Stellar Patrol I.D. card from Planetfall in my wallet, always gets a odd look when it gets noticed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread