Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
some of my favs:

Anchorhead

So Far

Shade

Slouching Towards Bedlam

A Mind Forever Voyaging

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
the alternatives would prob be:

inform 7

tads

with inform 7 being what is most used and has a cool help system built in that serves as a manual with examples you can plug right into your game and mess around with

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~

BiggerJ posted:

At least some of Infocom's games required included items called 'feelies' in order to be beaten as a form of copy protection. Here's all the feelies.

And if we're posting links to the games themselves, here's an alternate site for them with games missing from the OP's link.

I remember back about nine or ten years ago Emily Short and some others tried to revitalize feelies, and created a website where you could order cool stuff for modern IF. They would work with authors to create cool physical items for their games reminiscent of Infocom's stuff.

Unfortunately the website and the service went down after a couple of years.

Archived link

• Locked thread