Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
al-azad
May 28, 2009

A few more picture based IF games because I like the combination of words and pictures:

Magnetic Scrolls were the LucasArts to Infocom's Sierra. Their games were typically easier and getting stuck was rare.

Legend Entertainment was like the Image Comics of the scene. They put out a lot of experimental or subversive material with a very friendly UI. You can play Timequest for free while most of their catalog can be easily found with some Google-fu.

King of Dragon Pass has found a resurgence in recent years and it's still one of the few text-based simulation games in the West (Japan loves this stuff, see Koei games). There's a lot to say but just take a look at it, most people find it immediately interesting.

For something more linear and direct, Steve Jackson Gamebooks. A bunch of them are on mobile devices like Fighting Fantasy and Sorcery 1 and 2 are up on Steam.

Finally, a shout out to one of my favorite board games Tales of the Arabian Nights. You pass around a large book of encounters that are generated by your actions. Like you can bump into an old woman and choose to rob her and she might turn out to be an evil djinni that turns you into a dog. It's a very random game where victory feels like a coin toss but I can't say I've ever had a bad run of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Sinteres posted:

Does anybody know if Choice of Games have participated in Steam sales or Play Store sales? I know their games are pretty cheap to start with, but they have several dozen at this point, and I'm a fast reader, so I kind of want to wait for a sale if possible before I buy way too many of them.

You actually missed a sale last month. I think it was during Steam's surprise Chinese New Year sale.

During one of Steam's special event sales you can expect at least a 25% off their games.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

>gently caress

You suddenly feel less intelligent. [Your intelligence just went down.]

al-azad
May 28, 2009

IF Comp started last week. Anyone here participating? Anyone want to share tips for first timer?

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Making them. I'm laying out my first game now.

• Locked thread