Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gandhichan
Dec 25, 2009

There's a new terror of the skies, bitches.
AND HER HAIR IS PINK.
I went on a choicescript binge last summer and found the platform pretty fun and accessible. They're multiple choice and the language allows for some pretty insane branching, so it's always surprising to dig into a game's code after you've beaten it to see all the content you missed.

A few Choice offerings:

Robots - design your own robot, teach it right from wrong, possibly usher in the AI singularity? The sheer breadth of this game alone makes it worthwhile, though the human NPCs can get kind of annoying.
Mecha Ace - pretty sick if mecha's your thing. I loved pimping out my giant robot and making crazy renegade maneuvers to destroy it.
Creatures Such As We - more thoughtful and introspective piece, deals a lot with the nature of completionism and Perfect Endings. IIRC was made in response to the outcry over the controversial Mass Effect 3 ending, but I could be misremembering.
Zombie Exodus - there's already a couple zombie COGs out there, but this one definitely stuck with me more; more focused on shoring up your cathedral fortress, deciding who to trust in your little post apocalyptic commune, and protecting your little sister At All Costs.
Slammed! - Wrestling COG. Find out the true meaning of wrestling and maybe make some friends along the way. (I didn't actually play past the demo for this one but enjoyed what I saw.)
Hero of Kendrickstone made by the Mecha Ace author, this one honestly kicked my rear end. A lot of the stat checks seem to assume you are min-maxing in one skill or another, but my loser bard still always managed to find a way, and some of the game's detailed fail states that basically no one will ever see are also pretty cool.
Sabres of Infinity - same author as before. Haven't played it but a friend of mine swears by it.
Diabolical - play as a supervillain! This game's a bit less smaller (both in length and breadth) than some of the others, but it's smart and funny, and I'm proud of my volcano lair, what are you gonna do about it?

There's a ton more that I missed, but these are some that I had a lot of fun exploring, though a single playthrough can definitely go by quickly. There's a little something for everyone, so it's worth checking out if you're thinking about getting into interactive novels but the thought of wrangling with an interpreter is daunting to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread