Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Movac posted:

Hadean Lands got an update today with a new interpreter. It's got autosave, a built-in map, and a simple UI for the journal/memory system. Also it's launching on Steam June 20, and the price is going up to $12 at the same time, so you've got a few weeks left to get in at $5.

If you kickstarted, you'll get a Steam key and zarf is ok with passing that on to others "if you don't have a Steam account."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Milky Moor posted:

I can never praise Witcher 3's story enough because for all the monster killing, it's really just a story of an old man having to come to terms with the fact that his daughter is an independent woman who should make her own decisions.

Not just that, though -- it's that you genuinely don't know the consequences of your decisions ahead of time most of the time. Just like real life!

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Crossposting here from the Adventure Games thread:

Bob Bates of Infocom/Legend Entertainment has a kickstarter for his new Interactive Fiction game, Thaumistry: In Charm's Way

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1575848200/thaumistry-in-charms-way-a-new-comedy-text-adventu

I alpha-tested it and thought it was pretty good but needed some more text; I assume this has been rectified since.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

John F Bennett posted:

I didn't notice it before, but 25,000 for a text adventure is indeed a bit much. Especially that it's not even being made in a custom made engine, it's just TADS.

Not entirely true, Nikos Chantziaras has modified the interpreter (the alpha version supported automatic transcript upload, for example).

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

...! posted:

After reading this thread, I've decided to get back into IF. It's been a long time since I've played a good text adventure but I played most of the Infocom and Legend Entertainment games back in the day.

I'm specifically looking for games that are available on iOS. I liked 9:05 but wrestling that parser was annoying. I'm really liking Choice of Robots and I'm trying to figure out how to get all the different achievements.

What are some other good iOS ones?

Andrew Plotkin's Hadean Lands.

• Locked thread