Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
80 Days is really drat good and I'm glad it got a PC port.

I really hate text parsers though, because all you do is constantly grapple with finding the very exact wording that the dev had in mind, so I'm not a fan of old school IF games at all.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Feb 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Kopijeger posted:

Sam Barlow, the man behind Her Story created an experimental IF game where you are only allowed one move per game: Aisle.
Her Story is pretty rad too by the way, its like a fusion of IF and a FMV adventure game.

Also Kentucky Route Zero is fantastic and one of my absolute favorite games, and while I don't know if it totally counts as IF it still leans more towards that area than a traditional point and click adventure game.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Feb 4, 2016

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Lichtenstein posted:

80 Days chat: I just crossed the North Pole to Gastown. Any particular road I need to take for the remaining journey for it to count as around the world? Going around the other one or something? Doesn't seem like much time left now!
Just head back to London going eastward like you normally would.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Mar 6, 2016

• Locked thread