Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Does anybody know if Choice of Games have participated in Steam sales or Play Store sales? I know their games are pretty cheap to start with, but they have several dozen at this point, and I'm a fast reader, so I kind of want to wait for a sale if possible before I buy way too many of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Milky Moor posted:

I don't think I've ever seen them on sale.

Try Choice of Robots!

Thanks, I'll give it a look.

Bummer, but thanks for the response. I have a long list of their games I want to buy, and that one's pretty close to the top. Choose Your Own Adventure was extremely my poo poo as a kid, so I was pretty excited when I found these.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

al-azad posted:

You actually missed a sale last month. I think it was during Steam's surprise Chinese New Year sale.

During one of Steam's special event sales you can expect at least a 25% off their games.

Awesome, that's good news. A lot of their backlog still isn't on Steam, but maybe they'll have more of it by the time the next big sale comes around. Either way, I guess I'm pretty safe starting with some of the cheaper older games for now and saving a bit on the more recent games later on.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Milky Moor posted:

Zachary Sergi is about nine hours away from releasing another Heroes Rise game on Steam.

:negative:

Are they really that bad?

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Is this a case where the sequels are much worse than the original? I played the first game tonight out of curiosity and didn't think it was too bad. I mean nobody's going to mistake it for subtle or anything, but it didn't seem as bad as the dire warnings. The new game sounds loving terrible though.

On second thought, the diva personal assistant actually was pretty bad, and having a customizable love interest who looks just like a current celebrity is too.

Dr Kool-AIDS fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Apr 9, 2016

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Did anyone play Sergi's other book, Versus? I'm enjoying the opinions on the trainwreck of his other games, so I'm curious if anybody has any thoughts on that one and if it escapes any of the problems in them or is more of the same.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Milky Moor posted:

So, I'm writing a Choice Of game with the plan of getting it hosted by them. I'm about halfway complete.

Did you ever actually say which Hosted Game was yours? I was also wondering if anyone has any recommendations or against any of the newer batch of CoG releases. I think the only ones from this year I've seen mentioned itt were the Heroes Rise sequel and Choice of Alexandria.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I can't help feeling like this upcoming game from Choice of Games is approaching self-parody:

Choice of the Family Cat: In progress. As a newfound cat for a British family, you must bend them and the rest of the neighborhood to your will.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Milky Moor posted:

I don't know. If that was by the Choice of Robots guy, I'd buy it day one.

Megazver posted:

I kinda like it.

I felt a little bad about putting it the way I did, because while I do think it's kind of a laughably silly idea and description, I have to admit I'm intrigued to see how it turns out.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

The interview for Choice of the Cat pointing out that it has the most words of any Choice of Games story yet (though there are longer Hosted Games) is kind of hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Milky Moor posted:

Hey, thread.

I said I'd mention when my hosted game was released. It was about a week ago, and I didn't see that this thread had dropped back in my bookmarks.

Missed this earlier, but that's awesome. Was the whole thing a good experience for you, and are you planning on working with them again?

• Locked thread