Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
gently caress yes, ground floor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Is it possible that people not pick grey and black? I had a quick glance and really had to strain my eyes to see the difference in colour between units clearly.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Edit: In reference to the first match of the tournament.

Looking at the map there are a couple of key places where I think Sami can easily hold a chokepoint for a long time. I9 and I10, just in front of the city with a Mech and I12 and I13 on completely choke out any offense in the centre of the map. After that you can try to hold H1 and H2 in the South and you have three chokepoints that broadly govern your entire half of the map.

At that point, you're going to take a beating, but with a little luck your infantry can hold long enough for Long Range to become an actual factor in the game.

Although in this case I'd almost always favour taking Sturm/Von Bolt if that's your approach.

Natural 20 fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Feb 15, 2016

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
I'd like to see Adder get an upgrade of sorts. Like perhaps have a bar that runs xxXX since otherwise Sidewinder is just a much worse option than Sideslip.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Do you mind posting the bracket if you do, so those of us following the thread know which game is being played?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Slur posted:

3 people haven't shown up for this game yet. I'm going to give it another 5 days or so, then I'm going to leave it open to anybody who's lost in the tournament to join in.

I might even take a slot myself if I feel like it.

Can the slot be for people who have been following the LP but tragically asked to play in the tournament a little too late?

I'm asking from a friend. :v:

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
I'll fight a boss...like a boss.

Edit: I'm also up for the team battle to hide my scrubbiness.

Natural 20 fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jun 15, 2016

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

TheMcD posted:

In that case, I'll take that opportunity to open the team game. Password is "goons" again. There's one CO I kind of wanted to give a shot but never did.

Together we will be team Blood Bowl.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

TheMcD posted:

:hfive:

I'm imagining the four of us all having picked Drake right now, and it's weirdly appealing. A full blown Typhoon assault would mean leaving every enemy unit with 2 HP and ~6% of their fuel. That's loving devastating, but also leaves you really open regarding everything that isn't the full blown SCOP assault. It's such a specific thing that I can't really imagine the implications for the rest of the game.

You'd do it with Hawke. He has less downside risk because his Day to Day is stronger and the Super COP assault would cause nearly every one of your units to be on full HP at the end of a turn where you reduce the opponent's HP to 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

chaosrefined posted:

As is the Free For All, No Fog. Very enjoyable matches!

I'm going to reserve my comments about the team game until after it's shown :D

• Locked thread