Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

not to mention drake doesn't even get an offense boost for his battleships. frankly someone like grimm or hawke has a better naval game.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dont worry ive put it through the best filters

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

here's mine and Junpei's game.

Let me know if I did anything wrong, Slur.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Slur posted:

Did you ban stealths and black bombs? If you did, then you did everything right.
forgot to, but is it cool if me and junpei just have a gentleman's agreement not to build them so we don't have to remake

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yorkshire Tea posted:

Is it possible that people not pick grey and black? I had a quick glance and really had to strain my eyes to see the difference in colour between units clearly.
you can't see what color the other person will pick. its probably a good idea to pick colors that contrast well with all the other colors though, yeah.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gamerofthegame posted:

I think that's the last of the "weird ones," sadly.
Brown Desert's look kind of like insurgents.

and pink cosmos are supposed to be women, i think.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

anilEhilated posted:

Also, boo Max players. He's probably the most boring CO in there, everything just gets bigger numbers.
no, that's hawke

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gnoman posted:

I seem to be having an attack of the stupids, how do you set a match up?

go to a map, then hit play on this map

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

anilEhilated posted:

Did that piperunner actually end up doing anything?
it killed a t-copter

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i would have picked sturm on that map because the center is pretty terrain heavy and recon harass is pretty good on a map where properties are spread out

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

doublepost

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Picking Sturm just doesn't seem sporting.
he isn't banned or anything. von bolt's d2d and scop are probably stronger on most maps.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

KennyMan666 posted:

shaking my head at the Sami player who built tanks
Tanks are still a very useful unit with high movement that can easily destroy rockets and artillery. It's not like being slightly weaker means they're literally unusable or something. The only COs whose weak units are literally unusable IMO are Max's indirects, Drake's air force, and Eagle's navy.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

grimm is decent? he likes pretty final destination maps with little terrain and no comm towers, but if he gets first strike in a big engagement he just straight-up wins. Getting 1hkos on infantry with his tanks is a big deal.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

KennyMan666 posted:

The reason I didn't understand why tanks were being built was because the only units in play at the time were infantry, and the capturing game was still going on. A recon would have made more sense, or even better, an anti-air. Identical movement to a tank, eats infantry and will later be of use against air units.
Anti-airs are more expensive and do less to the artillery you're definitely going to build, and recons have their movement demolished by the terrain on the map.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

minus sami vs sami, CO variety has been pretty high.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

variety has already been high enough, i dont know why you'd need to introduce a rule to encourage variety when it's already doing okay

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

SCOPs are cool and kind of necessary to prevent stalemates

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Super Jay Mann posted:

I'm really not sure how to "fix" Colin without nerfing him to uselessness and/or completely redesigning his playstyle. I suppose you can argue that Sasha already acts as a "balanced" Colin of sorts.
just make his defense suck too and make his co bar ooooOO and he'd be fine

the reason both kanbei and colin are busted is simple math, they get a net gain from their stats. colin is losing 10% offense for a 20% price drop. Kanbei is spending 30% more for a 60% total increase.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

One 'balance' suggestion I've always really liked was making Flak 120/120 on his turn and 80/90 on the enemy's turn. Not that flak's broken but it's a more interesting concept than praying to the RNG.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Game's up. password's goons, as usual.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

javier

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Glidergun posted:

Kindle has the additional bonus of air units getting boosts from parking them over properties. Normally air combat is just a first-mover game with not a lot of terrain relevance, but when Kindle can get 140% attack power on her choppers you suddenly have to worry big time about what tiles exactly they can attack you from.
Koal and Jake are the same way, they're just not as good as Kindle.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Game created, password is goon.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

GG reynolds. Would have liked to play you in no fog.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

protip to the players, there are a few non-javier COs who really benefit from comm towers. see if you can figure out which ones.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I'm down for free for all no fog, and or flak vs jugger (I call Jugger)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

made the FFA no fog game. password is goon.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ffa no fog has started!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Einwand posted:

Put up the Flak vs Jugger RNG fight, for when someone else wants in on it.
Password is maelstrom, and I've selected Flak currently.
Joined.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Drake makes it more likely to rain, but Olaf doesn't make it more likely to snow. At least in AWBW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TheMcD posted:

There's a "snowbringer" CO ability in the code of AW2 to go along with Drake's "rainbringer" ability, but it went unused. Seems like it might have been planned that way at some point, but I guess with his powers bringing snow, him causing more snow randomly as well was considered redundant.
Drake's SCOP causes rain, but his COP doesn't. Meanwhile, Olaf's COP literally just causes snow. So yeah, it probably was a case where bringing in more snow would have made his COP even more underpowered.

• Locked thread