Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
I'm up for some infantry spamming action, count me in!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Stealths can shoot everything but can only be shot back by fighters and other Stealths. They're not the worst thing imaginable (that's probably Oozium being affected by movement-boosting CO powers), but a lot of people don't like them.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

It no longer has the misleading Apple icon on it, even!

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

200% without resampling, by far. 150% with is blurry and 150% without is just loving ugly.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Um, why are you playing on awbw.bulletriddenlich.com? That's the site that's going to get wiped when the final migration happens...

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Glidergun posted:

A question to get some discussion going while the site is down:

If you were allowed to make an alternate set of CO stats for use in an "AWBW Rebalance" mode, what changes would you make and why?

Use AWDOR units. I want my seaplanes and temporary ports!

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Predeployed map Kanbei vs Colin followed by deployment map Kanbei vs Colin.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Slur posted:

Custom Wars has been abandoned for a while now. I don't see it going anywhere.

If by 'abandoned' you mean 'the newest commit is less than 48 hours ago'... https://github.com/ctomni231/cwtactics/commits/master

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

I like you... but Mr Bear HATES you!

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Can we get the people who do the 3DS patches to do AWBW? One of these needs 'stability' patches a lot more...

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

I created it named 'Goon Tournament 6', with the password 'Beethro Budkin', but now I'm getting mysql errors... imagine we had a mysql error emote. It's inserted here.

Should show up here though.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Gnoman posted:

Tried to join, said invalid password.

Ugh, I probably mistyped it. It hides it and doesn't have you type it twice, for whatever reason...

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Is politely prodding acceptable?

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Yeah, sorry, I should have checked more often. It looks like we averaged one day per day though, so that's not too terrible. I've played in worse.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

There's a very simple reason I like playing Lash.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

What the gently caress?

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

It's cool. I'm in now! :D

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

TheMcD posted:

Man, that map makes my head hurt. I guess it might not be as bad playing, but just looking at it, those teleport tiles just confuse the hell out of me.

Also, you totally could have brought up joining in my second game - there was one moment where I had about 19500 funds and managed to join two infantry together to make up the difference to a piperunner. I felt really smart when I did that. Lord knows I didn't have many more situations to do that in.

Basically, every tile adjacent to a black tile is effectively adjacent to all other tiles touching that group of black tiles... but only for movement.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Paul.Power posted:

I know that Slur deliberately set out to show off some AWBW-exclusive gimmicks (i.e. the teleport tiles and the labs) in the quarter-finals, and pipes are kind of an occupational hazard when you want to steer your teleport tiles to specific locations.

I do like the way that pipes and teleporters are handled in the game Keiya and I are playing, with their whole "surfaces of an open-sided box" thing.

I didn't actually realize that until you pointed it out. I was mentally modeling it as slides. Two way slides you could put tanks through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Tag game for an exhibition match maybe? I mean if we're considering broken COs, why not a whole broken mechanic?

• Locked thread