Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

I am not good at advanced war so maybe I'm overlooking something obvious but... why on earth did you build a battleship?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Slur posted:

Sorry, I should clarify:

If someone chooses a CO in the first round, they cannot choose that same CO in the second round, and so on.

That sounds like it would be really frustrating if you "waste" a CO that's well suited to a given map because you happened to choose them in the previous round. Better to leave it alone and just let the dubious balance that is Advance Wars COs shine.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
It would be even more overpowered than Grit's +1 range on his indirects. Heck, +1 move on infantry alone would probably break most maps to shreds and let you build up an unstoppable economic advantage.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Special congratulations to Paul Power for deploying a Megatank. It is my deepest wish to one day see one actually enter combat.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Great game, both of you. Grimm is one of my favorite COs, and playing him in fog of war is one of the most terrifying things you can face. He really excels with the extra layer of protection the uncertainty of fog of war provides.

As regards COs good with lots of comm towers, my thought would be Sturm. By negating his weaknesses, he gets even more mileage out of his counterattacks, and in fog of war he'd have an above-average number of scouting units able to survive attacks and retain their unparalleled mobility.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Haha that Olaf boss game. Outstanding. Can Sturm's terrain-penalty-immunity protect him from snow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
I thought Hawke's CO powers didn't heal allied troops.

• Locked thread