Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Major_JF posted:

If it isn't too much of a bother could you make the images larger? 150-200% please.

I was also thinking they were a bit small, but I wasn't sure if I should say anything because AFAIK you need multiply an image's size by a power of two for it to come out clean, and that'd be a bit big with the square screenshots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I like 200% but it might be too big for people with smaller resolutions, I don't know. This is why I was hesistant to say something, I knew I'd end up indecisive.

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Is.. is the blue army made up of penguins?

Looks like it. :shrug:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I was unsure before but now that others are agreeing I feel confident saying 200% no resample.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Ahaha, first penguins now Roman centurions? :allears:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I think you got pronouns right elsewhere, but I noticed this slipup:

quote:

As I'm typing this right now, I'm beginning to realize that Junpei is continuously making a mistake: he keeps forgetting to capture that base in the lower left corner in its entirely. That's probably going to be a mistake in the long run.

On the other hand, Endorph seems like he's ready to begin an assault and end this capture phase: she built a recon on her middle base. Considering how much road there is in the center of the map, the recon will probably get the most out of its 8 movement, and give Endorph some control over the center of the map. Seems like Endorph also might be capturing the comm. tower on the left soon. She also has her units closer to the right comm. tower than Junpei does. If she captures both, she'll have 130% attack units, which is something you do not want to get hit by every turn.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Combine the ideas, allow banned COs in the losers bracket. :getin:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Super Jay Mann posted:

I feel like I should play DoR at some point. I even have the cartridge with me right now but everything just seems so different I'm not sure what to expect.

If you're unsure, there's an LP. (Not to hijack. But then with the state of AWBW, what's there to? :v:)

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Also if nothing else, DoR had, I think, pretty good characters, that would unfortunately clash horribly with previous AW characters.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Really? Continents?

But no seriously can someone explain the relation and distinction between Wars World, Macro Land and Omega Land? :psyduck:

E: And the fact that the various "countries" exist on each, with Olaf's hometown being on a continent other than the one his interactions with Nell et al imply he spent his life on?

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Feb 24, 2016

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Paul.Power posted:

AW1 is Cosmo Land, isn't it?

I knew I was forgetting one! The reply I got seemed way more reasonable than I remembered. :v:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I mean with how the site's stability seemed so far, it's kind of a miracle this hasn't happened until now. :v: I guess we'll see how stuff goes on the new hosting.

E: Update near bottom of last page

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Excuse me, that "Thug" is clearly a Mercenary and they wield swords. :colbert:

:psyduck:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I'm up if you think a probably bad new player in a broken CO game would be a source of humour. :v:

Actually scratch that I don't have access to a computer at the moment. But it's a thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I will... probably sign up for something but I'm not home for like a week still. If there's a game still not full then and that's not too long for you to just kill them I'll consider it then.

• Locked thread