Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aeon
Apr 30, 2009

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

Okay C-BLOCK, so Prostate Party USA wants to play tonight and that's where you come in. Any of you down to clown sometime after 9PM CST tonight?

We'll be around tonight as well. Just post in here when you're ready or pop in discord and we'll get a game going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Jostlemania time, boys!

GNU Jazz! vs Aerial Bold

jostle/mania

Strenots
Jun 21, 2005

'Course it's a good idea!

Team Calzone 2 - Eat Pants with Sporks 0

Game 1

Game 2

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

GNU Jazz! vs Aerial Bold

First game we all forgot to screenshot, but we won 6-4 (or something, we did win tho. 5-3?)

Buane
Nov 28, 2005

When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll

GNU Order posted:

GNU Jazz! vs Aerial Bold

First game we all forgot to screenshot, but we won 6-4 (or something, we did win tho. 5-3?)

Good games! First game was 5-3, we were too excited after we fought back to tie it at 3 and pissed it away before OT.

I too forgot to screencap the first game but we realized it immediately afterwards and jotted these stats down in notepad so they should be accurate:

GNU Jazz: 5
GNU Order: 3 goals, 1 assist, 1 save, 4 shots
Jazzahn: 2 goals, 1 assist, 1 save, 3 shots

Aerial Bold: 3
Outside Chance: 3 goals, 0 assist, 0 save, 6 shots
Microsoft Word: 0 goals, 3 assist, 3 save, 1 shot

Team Aerial Bold is upset about the 2-0 series loss and will be going back to the drawing board for new strategies.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle
C BLOCK prostate party USA is online and down to play tonight for any challengers. I sent a message in discord I think. But here's a message here too because I'm courteous.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
We're ready to take you on.

Running With Spoons
Oct 26, 2005
Only the spoon knows what is stirring in the pot
Papasotes vs Inspiring Competence
2-0

Running With Spoons fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Feb 16, 2016

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle
Prostate Party USA vs Bottom of The Ladder is going down in about 10 minutes!!1111

We will clash like Titans and cry like babies when we lose.

Server for anyone that wants to watch will be cblock/cblock.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS
Well that was exciting. 3 game series.

Mikiya
Apr 7, 2013

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

Prostate Party USA vs Bottom of The Ladder is going down in about 10 minutes!!1111

We will clash like Titans and cry like babies when we lose.

Server for anyone that wants to watch will be cblock/cblock.

GGS!
First game three!

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!
Prostate Party USA vs Bottom of the Ladder results in a 1 - 2.
Victory for Bottom of the ladder.

Aeon
Apr 30, 2009

NeverF10 vs Prostate Party USA happening uhh right now.

Goonleague/goon

Never F10 2-0 over Prostate Party USA
- game 1

- game 2

GG fellas.

Aeon fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Feb 16, 2016

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.

Ramagamma posted:

Sorry DarkFlame I missed your post on Saturday had to go out with the in laws :D

I'm able to play anytime this week after 6pm uk time so yeah just whenever we are both online at the same time we'll see if there other teams available

Awesome! I understand that there are sometimes things that are more important than the internet. Evenings are mostly fine for me, I've got a late shift on Thursday and Friday but today and tomorrow are fine. Are you going to be free through Saturday? If we can't get it done in the next couple of days, being able to plan some games in advance for Saturday would be great, I should be able to find some free time somewhere during my only day off this week.

WOLFMANS! If you've not played us yet and want an easy win proper match, we'll be waiting. For international clarity, 6pm UK-time is roughly two hours from now, and the same again tomorrow.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah I'm free all day Saturday dude.

Eternalmajin
Apr 5, 2009
How long are you (Rama amd Dark) typically online for? We (poo poo!Sorry!) still need to play you, but I dont get home from work until around 5:30pm gmt-6, 5 hours from now.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

Uh, dunno about my teammate but I've got work at 9am (still GMT) tomorrow so uh, I might still be around for 1am, maybe 2? Depends how much I like sleep (a lot) and how dumb I am (also a lot).

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
During the week I'm asleep by 11pm gmt, weekends more like 1 am.

Stupid time zones 😂

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

We'll get something working, it's fine. I think we're not the only team to just have one game down so far.

Talking about that, anyone around?

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Mumen Riders from Group C-Block are still desperately looking to get in more matches. Hit us up.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Hey, Iggy. My teammate's and my works schedules don't really line up until this Thursday. Any chance we could get an extension for our other matches? We have Eat Pants with Sporks, and Gildblum's Eyes and Static left, so if any of you guys are available after 4EST this Thursday, that'd be great.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS
I suggest that we match with the other teams at will. There's a lot of downtime when waiting for a team in a group.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Banditos vs Low Down Boost Fiends

Some good games but ultimately another loss for us. :(

2-1 Low Down Boost Fiends.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
Shoutout to Aerial Bold, Ziggy Starbutts is ready and warmed up.

Dermit
Mar 22, 2005
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]

Burnt Toast down for some games tonight, if you're a C-Blocker who hasn't beaten us yet, hit me up on Steam!

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

AirRaid posted:

Banditos vs Low Down Boost Fiends

Some good games but ultimately another loss for us. :(

2-1 Low Down Boost Fiends.

And here are videos from my POV for those games:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lBYGYsUVt4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWQ72hv5Yso

First game was pretty exciting.

edit: my favorite goal was at 9:18 in the second vid, though.

wa27 fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Feb 17, 2016

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS
The Bottom of the Ladder vs Burnt Toast in... 20 minutes or something.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

Jamfrost posted:

The Bottom of the Ladder vs Burnt Toast in... 20 minutes or something.

Burnt Toast wins 2 - 0

WirelessPillow fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Feb 17, 2016

Tarandis
Jun 16, 2012
Whoever needs to play me - Lblitzer, Maw, and a third team I think - if TKE is missing then I'll just 1v2 you. Ping me anytime you see me online for the next day or two.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Tarandis posted:

Whoever needs to play me - Lblitzer, Maw, and a third team I think - if TKE is missing then I'll just 1v2 you. Ping me anytime you see me online for the next day or two.

I believe there are a few ringers who joined late who may be able to join you? Certainly we don't want to play 2v1.

Eternalmajin
Apr 5, 2009

TheDarkFlame posted:

Awesome! I understand that there are sometimes things that are more important than the internet. Evenings are mostly fine for me, I've got a late shift on Thursday and Friday but today and tomorrow are fine. Are you going to be free through Saturday? If we can't get it done in the next couple of days, being able to plan some games in advance for Saturday would be great, I should be able to find some free time somewhere during my only day off this week.

WOLFMANS! If you've not played us yet and want an easy win proper match, we'll be waiting. For international clarity, 6pm UK-time is roughly two hours from now, and the same again tomorrow.

Are you guys on right now/soon? poo poo! Sorry! can play if so (yay for sickness :barf:)

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Tarandis posted:

That 3rd team is my team. And yeah doing a 2v1 would kinda suck.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

All right, when I started this thing I didn't expect to get so many people to join. So going with my original plan for an expected 10-12 teams when we had 24 teams was a little dumb. So I split the entire thing into four groups. Which was supposed to make things easier by not overwhelming you with tons of teams you need to play in a short period of time. So what I've done is merge the groups. Essentially I've merged the "even" groups Centice and Rainmaker to form Group Octane as well as the "odd" groups C-Block and Wolfman to form group Dominus. Since Roundhouse was a smaller group with an even number I split that up into the two groups. If you were in Rainmaker and already played teams now in a different group that's all right. We'll figure it out. Worst case scenario is we just don't count those games. Maybe they'll get seeded higher, who knows? Dunno yet.

Your mission now is to play every team in your group. The top four of each will go to the play-offs. This'll mean you wont have to play so many games and it should make it somewhat easier to schedule for now.

Again, to make scheduling easier we got a few options:
1. Here's some contact info https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/144HVJy0vke1oLsVr_q14iexYd97-tROrkAme8-JiXw0/edit#gid=0. Thanks again to Mikiya.
2. Just hop into the discord (https://discord.gg/0nnWqQrX2ymFmgoM). It's not scary at all, trust me. We have text channels for each group as well as several voice channels. It's also possible to just hang out and have fun and organize fun distractions.
3. I realize a lot of you folks are from the US, but as I already stated during the sign-up process using GMT/UTC (they're same for our purposes) as a format for timezones would make it easiest to learn how many hours you are apart without having to take extra steps. The time zones are literally numbers and the difference between them is the time zone difference.

The new deadline is whenever people think it would be a good time. Ideally everyone will get to play everyone else from the group.

Group Octane
Banditos
Low Down Boost Friends (or Fiends?)
Piss Piglets
The Papasotes
Inspiring Competence
Eurotrash
Mighty Mighty Beeftones
Team Calzone
Eat Pants with Sporks
Goldblum's eyes and static!
Aerial Bold
Ziggy Starbutts

Group Dominus
Mumen Riders
The Bottom of the Ladder
Never F10
Prostate Party USA
Burnt Toast
Flying Fish
§#@%! Sorry!
Rocket Sprocket Socket Something (RSSS)
MJTtSEOG
Ramagamma and The Dark Flame
GNU Jazz!
This Team Are Sick!

Lastly, have fun.

Tarandis
Jun 16, 2012

AirRaid posted:

That 3rd team is my team. And yeah doing a 2v1 would kinda suck.

Grabbing a sub off of Discord would actually work fine too. Just in case - it's mainly the EUTZ guys that I think we might have trouble linking up with as originally intended.

Though I actually do enjoy playing a person down, I usually lose but it's pretty intense.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Tarandis posted:

Grabbing a sub off of Discord would actually work fine too. Just in case - it's mainly the EUTZ guys that I think we might have trouble linking up with as originally intended.

Though I actually do enjoy playing a person down, I usually lose but it's pretty intense.

I'm already in a team but if you need a sub for a game and I'm online AND you're not playing us, the Mumen Riders, I'd be happy to help out. I'm EU/Steam, though, not sure about you.

Mikiya
Apr 7, 2013
The Papasotes vs Eurotrash ended in 2-1 for Eurotrash

Great games, I will post the replays soon

Game 1

Game 2

Game 3

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/env9zdzlrtbb688/AAD9AZCSM-kPrlPx6LDKjeVha?dl=0

The replay files for whoever wants to watch.

Mikiya fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Feb 18, 2016

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Anyone in Octane available to play tonight after about 5:30 EST/GMT-5? Mighty Mighty Beeftones should be available around/after then.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

SpacePig posted:

Anyone in Octane available to play tonight after about 5:30 EST/GMT-5? Mighty Mighty Beeftones should be available around/after then.

Ziggy Starbutts will be ready to go then. Post in the thread or I'll be keeping an eye on Discord.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Auxiliary Treats posted:

Ziggy Starbutts will be ready to go then. Post in the thread or I'll be keeping an eye on Discord.

Hey, so, I got home and my room/teammate is asleep, so maybe check back in a few hours? Sorry about this. Shouldn't have tried to schedule a thing without him, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buane
Nov 28, 2005

When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll
Aerial Bold cannot compete with Eurotrash, loses 0-2!

• Locked thread