Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mikiya
Apr 7, 2013
Neither could the Low Down Boost Fiends!

Eurotrash wins 2-0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Eurotrash stronk

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Okay, Beeftones ready to play now. Anybody in Octane around?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Mighty Mighty Beeftones vs Low Down Boost Friends in a matter of minutes.

boost/beef

e:
Beeftones lose to Boost Friends, 2-0

Also gonna take this opportunity to announce with a heavy heart that the Mighty Mighty Beeftones are withdrawing from the league. After a 0-3 start, and a staggering -27 goal differential across 6 games, it's become obvious we're outclassed completely here, and it's become unfun to get dunked on so hard so consistently. It's also been somewhat difficult for us to get our schedules lined up so that we can play matches in the first place. Thanks for having us, and enjoy the rest of the league.

SpacePig fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Feb 19, 2016

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009

SpacePig posted:

Mighty Mighty Beeftones vs Low Down Boost Friends in a matter of minutes.

boost/beef

e:
Beeftones lose to Boost Friends, 2-0

Also gonna take this opportunity to announce with a heavy heart that the Mighty Mighty Beeftones are withdrawing from the league. After a 0-3 start, and a staggering -27 goal differential across 6 games, it's become obvious we're outclassed completely here, and it's become unfun to get dunked on so hard so consistently. It's also been somewhat difficult for us to get our schedules lined up so that we can play matches in the first place. Thanks for having us, and enjoy the rest of the league.

Awww, but you guys had the greatest team name.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
Any time you get creamed, you should be taking in what the opponents were doing.

Stealing their ancient Chinese secrets is key to becoming a better player yourself.

But take some time with the game and hopefully you two consider coming back for a future tournament/league or something.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS
Announcing The Bottom of the Ladder's new theme song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2LFmd5UzR4

Eternalmajin
Apr 5, 2009
§#@%! Sorry! wins 2-0 over RSSS

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

GNU Jazz! vs $@#! Sorry!

Zero!
Apr 13, 2011

You're gonna have to try a little harder than THAT.
RSSS vs GNU Jazz! - 2-1

GGs!

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

GNU Jazz vs Never F10

accidentally deleted one of the games so i hope they were taking screenshots as well

we won our third but i accidentally deleted it

Aeon
Apr 30, 2009

- game 2 from the set.

good games!

Strenots
Jun 21, 2005

'Course it's a good idea!

Team Calzone vs. Parabnormal lobby is up. butts/lol

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

GNU Jazz! vs Bottom Of The Ladder

phew that was a lot of Rocket League

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

GNU Order posted:

GNU Jazz! vs Bottom Of The Ladder

phew that was a lot of Rocket League

Man we almost had you in that second round as well, good games!

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS
0-2 GNU Jazz!

Edit: Oh, well then. Pancakes.

Strenots
Jun 21, 2005

'Course it's a good idea!

Team Calzone over Parabnormal, 2-1

Game 1:

Game 2: (Overtime)

Game 3:

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Eternalmajin posted:

§#@%! Sorry! wins 2-0 over RSSS

And here's a recording of the games for those who care: https://youtu.be/ucKvYD5mYaE

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
Is there an award at the end for the team that is worst at scheduling?

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

TheDarkFlame posted:

Sure, why not. If anyone's Looking to play the Mumen Riders, just come to the discord and see if we're there any time or approach me via PM, Steam, in this thread, come to my house, I don't care. As long as we get it done.

In the meantime, I have updated the dumb spreadsheet so they are actually up to date. I decided to just not log the more detailed stats because some teams didn't make screencaps and one time someone dropped from a game so their stats are lost to the ether.

Anyway: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gpqc2hrwZ6xQTO6DVHiwU8AT5YNciF6OQHk_0oOX2ZU/edit?usp=sharing

The corrent Top Three are
Eurotrash - 18 points
GNU Jazz! - 15 points
The Papasotes - 12 points.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Mumen Riders vs. GNU Jazz! is up in a couple minutes.

Junpei's not here unfortunately. But I don't care, I'm not passing up any more opportunities for games. Just because we have schedules that don't align 100%.

Let's jostle!

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

We played against just Iggy for some reason he only wanted to 2v1

Then we played against The Blitzball Bro's, with sub player Iggy

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

GNU Order posted:

We played against just Iggy for some reason he only wanted to 2v1

Well, Junpei wasn't around and I didn't want to pass up on an opportunity to get another match in AGAIN. Like about three times before. Scheduling things is hard sometimes. I'd have let Darflame sub for Jumpy, but then you'd play the exact same team twice.

I will upload my POV of the games tomorrow when I'm home from work.

E: And yeah, I know there are some inaccuracies in the spreadsheet (namely, points for losing in game 3 have not been awarded except for once), I'm gonna fix them when I find time. Or Mikiya or lblitzer could do it, both of them can edit it.

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Feb 22, 2016

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

TheDarkFlame posted:

Speaking of which I'm off all this week so i'm game pretty much anytime

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

All right, here's the games from yesterday.
First off:
Mumen Rider(s) vs. GNU Jazz! (1v2) - I decided to talk over it a bit talking about where I went wrong. Aside from insisting on a 1v2. And yes, I know I say the word game a lot in the first minute of the game. Game.
Blitzball Bros vs. GNU Jazz! - I subbed for Ramagamma, who had been absent for a few days at the time.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

Ramagamma posted:

Speaking of which I'm off all this week so i'm game pretty much anytime

You're free? Great! Any time from now today, or tomorrow before like 11pm, would be great. I'm doing morning shifts after that and then I have a whole weekend off woooooo

Sorry for subbing you out but I don't think you'd posted for like four days and both me and Iggy wanted to get games going. If it's any consolation, uh, you can have Junpei for a match I guess that's fair right?

So yeah. Anyone in our group (Dominus?) want to beat us up? Let us know, see if we can figure something out.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
Attention group Octane! Our schedules finally lined up again so Ziggy Starbutts is assembling to take on any challengers (which should be everyone in our group). Hit us up here or in Discord.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Okay, since this is dying down I'm gonna deadline this! You have until the end of Saturday GMT next week to get all your matches in. If you don't then you miss out on points.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
You'd be as well using another teammate darkflame, I'm living in a hotel for the next 5 days :classiclol:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Welp! Guess that means we're likely out.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

Slime TrainerS
I guess it's about time to put all that training to use.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

I will be down for some matches soon. Possibly even tonight. Wednesday and Friday also work for me, although I'm not sure of OhsH's schedule. Find us on discord or steam or whatever and let's play some games though.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Awwww sheeeeeeit. I'll try to get my teammate coralled but I'm not sure how much we'll be able to do in a week. :v:

ManicJason
Oct 27, 2003

He doesn't really stop the puck, but he scares the hell out of the other team.
I'm available as a sub/free agent if anyone needs someone. I'm mostly rising star/shooting star as long as you don't count solo 3s, and I have quite a bit of free time this week.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Maw posted:

I will be down for some matches soon. Possibly even tonight. Wednesday and Friday also work for me, although I'm not sure of OhsH's schedule. Find us on discord or steam or whatever and let's play some games though.

Grab me today p much any time in the next... 13 hours?

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

Ramagamma posted:

You'd be as well using another teammate darkflame, I'm living in a hotel for the next 5 days :classiclol:

Alright! Sorry bud. I'll pull people from other teams wherever I can. See if I can get a different special guest teammate for each match.

Eternalmajin
Apr 5, 2009
§#@%! Sorry! wins 2-0 over Bottom of the Ladder

Zero!
Apr 13, 2011

You're gonna have to try a little harder than THAT.
RSSS vs Mumen Riders - 2-0

GGs!

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

My life is too stressful right now to handle this, I guess give people we haven't played free wins or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikiya
Apr 7, 2013
Eurotrash vs Piss Piglets
2-0 for Eurotrash

• Locked thread