Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Is there any sort of skill level expected here? I've got a friend I might be able to do this with me, but he's still pretty new to this.

e: Also, I'm not that good myself, so I wouldn't wanna inflict that on a stranger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

IGgy IGsen posted:

Naw, it's cool. I myself am on the decent side but I am playing with Junpei, who's a new player. We're trying to have fun here and not scare newbies away or anything.
Since it's a league you'll play every team once. So you might end up playing a team that just obliterates you for one match, and one that's on your level the next few. Don't worry about skill.

Okay, cool. I'll see if I can't get him on board. Thanks!

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Junpei Hyde posted:

I am good at video games :downs:

My friend and I basically did the same thing tonight. Learned to hit the ball well, learned to position right. I think this is gonna be fun.

Team name: Mighty Might Beeftones

Leland Rodriguez on Steam:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/SpacePig

Teammate is .. .. .. on Steam

Both US EST/UTC-5

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
People in Rainmaker, PM me to schedule games with the Mighty Mighty Beeftones. We're available after about 5 EST/GMT-5 tomorrow, and from about 1-5 Saturday and Sunday. Hopefully there'll be a bit more availability next week, but we can't be sure yet.

e: Or friend me on Steam and message me there. I'm always on at least one of the two at any given time.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've PMed a few people, but I'm also gonna post in here for those in Rainmaker that the Mighty Mighty Beeftones should be available to play tonight, so get in touch.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Mikiya posted:

Pretty sure me and Spn will be able to play today
I'll yell at you on Discord and make it official here if we sort it out

I'm not 100% sure about my teammate, but we should be available from about 5 EST/GMT-5. Maybe 6. I'll try to be on Discord around then, but I'm not exactly familiar with it just yet.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Strenots posted:

Team Calzone will likely be available tonigth, albeit a bit late due to me dealing with a client emergency. I'll need to confirm with Desaru when I'm home, but we'll probably be on and active by 11est at the latest.

That should be good, but I'm having a hard time getting in touch with my teammate right now. I'll let you know.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Mighty Mighty Beeftones and Eurotrash playing in a few minutes. Match info:

room: beefs
pass: euro

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Beeftones got absolutely embarrassed by Eurotrash. I knew I was bad, but jesus christ. Well played, you guys.

e: Not looking forward to seeing that replay.

e2: Only remembered to screengrab the results of the second game, and, well:

Sorry to anyone who was looking to be entertained.

e3:
Oh, yeah, I guess I should've specified. Sorry!
v v v v v v v

SpacePig fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Feb 12, 2016

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Strenots posted:

Announcing Team Calzone vs. The Mighty Mighty Beeftones, starting soon!

Room: butts
pass: lol

Hold off on this one for a few minutes! My teammate isn't ready yet. Sorry! Should've been more clear in my message!

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Game is on now, get up in.

e: Beeftones lose another series 2-0 to Team Calzone.

Again, I only remembered to grab the second game, and, well...

SpacePig fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Feb 12, 2016

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Tarandis posted:

Ok cool no pressure this league will probably be relaxing, maw is pretty good and lblitzer will probably own me but other than that it will be fine.

:staredog:

This is more or less how I sold this thing to my teammate, and now I feel bad because we've lost every game by at least 4 points.

Jamfrost posted:

If you believe hard enough, your opponent will desync.

That's the time to strike!

That actually happened in our first game with Eurotrash, only after the one player got timed out, I was so confused that I let the player who was left score pretty much entirely uncontested. Not that it would've mattered against them, but still.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

IGgy IGsen posted:

I uploaded Eurotrash vs. Mighty Mighty Beeftones https://youtu.be/x_7E2Okdaeg
Game 1. Game 2 was lost to the abyss due to my capture randomly stopping. Never happened before, really.

Also: I made a youtube playlist with all recorded games I am aware of https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHmMaQOVlq3b45wcMSruDJiR28x3k77CM
If I missed any feel free to let me know, so I can add them.

Cool to see just how bad I was from a 3rd person perspective, and to know that there was basically nothing I could've done within my ability to win. What sad is that it barely even looks like the other guys are trying, and they're completely owning us.

Waverly actually talked to me after this and my matches against Team Calzone, and fairly accurate guessed my level of play. This guy's too good.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Hey, Iggy. My teammate's and my works schedules don't really line up until this Thursday. Any chance we could get an extension for our other matches? We have Eat Pants with Sporks, and Gildblum's Eyes and Static left, so if any of you guys are available after 4EST this Thursday, that'd be great.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Anyone in Octane available to play tonight after about 5:30 EST/GMT-5? Mighty Mighty Beeftones should be available around/after then.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Auxiliary Treats posted:

Ziggy Starbutts will be ready to go then. Post in the thread or I'll be keeping an eye on Discord.

Hey, so, I got home and my room/teammate is asleep, so maybe check back in a few hours? Sorry about this. Shouldn't have tried to schedule a thing without him, I guess.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Okay, Beeftones ready to play now. Anybody in Octane around?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Mighty Mighty Beeftones vs Low Down Boost Friends in a matter of minutes.

boost/beef

e:
Beeftones lose to Boost Friends, 2-0

Also gonna take this opportunity to announce with a heavy heart that the Mighty Mighty Beeftones are withdrawing from the league. After a 0-3 start, and a staggering -27 goal differential across 6 games, it's become obvious we're outclassed completely here, and it's become unfun to get dunked on so hard so consistently. It's also been somewhat difficult for us to get our schedules lined up so that we can play matches in the first place. Thanks for having us, and enjoy the rest of the league.

SpacePig fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Feb 19, 2016

• Locked thread