Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buane
Nov 28, 2005

When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll
Me and my brother play 2v2 all the time! My favorite RL mode. We're definitely in. I'll post our info once I am not at work and can get our Steam stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buane
Nov 28, 2005

Ok, figured it might be used for tracking down whoever you were matched up against.

We're in as team Aerial Bold.
Buane [US East] [UTC -5]
Alexei [US East] [UTC -5]

Buane
Nov 28, 2005

IGgy IGsen posted:

Series is just uh... a series of games pretty much.
We are doing best of 3 ( I would have preferred best of 5, though)
Essentially in a best of 3 you play a maximum of three games until someone has won two of them. Kind of like rounds in a fighting game.

I think it's better to just do W-L records for the league standings based on whether the series was won or lost. Nothing extra for winning 2-1 as opposed to 2-0. We can use Games Won & Games Lost as a tiebreaker or something.

Buane
Nov 28, 2005

I voted Best of 3. I wouldn't mind Best of 5, but considering we cover a wide range of skills here it's going to be tough for some teams to stomach a BO5 format and getting absolutely crushed for 3 straight games. BO5 would be more fun in any kind of playoff setup. Same reason I think a straight Three Total Games setup would be rough (and a Five Total Games setup a nightmare).

BO3 let's teams of like skill have close competitions with each other while teams of differing skill don't have to trudge through unnecessary demoralizing game results. And teams that lose 2-1 pick up extra game wins as tiebreakers and teams that win 2-1 get penalized with extra game losses as tiebreakers so it still allows the best teams (the ones that 2-0 everybody) to stand out in the standings.

Buane
Nov 28, 2005

GNU Order posted:

PAGING GROUP ROUNDHOUSE
Buane

Team Aerial Bold should be good for games tonight! I will be on Discord when we are available.

Buane
Nov 28, 2005

Team Aerial Bold defeats This Team Are Sick! 2-0

Game 1:

Game 2:

Buane
Nov 28, 2005

GNU Order posted:

GNU Jazz! vs Aerial Bold

First game we all forgot to screenshot, but we won 6-4 (or something, we did win tho. 5-3?)

Good games! First game was 5-3, we were too excited after we fought back to tie it at 3 and pissed it away before OT.

I too forgot to screencap the first game but we realized it immediately afterwards and jotted these stats down in notepad so they should be accurate:

GNU Jazz: 5
GNU Order: 3 goals, 1 assist, 1 save, 4 shots
Jazzahn: 2 goals, 1 assist, 1 save, 3 shots

Aerial Bold: 3
Outside Chance: 3 goals, 0 assist, 0 save, 6 shots
Microsoft Word: 0 goals, 3 assist, 3 save, 1 shot

Team Aerial Bold is upset about the 2-0 series loss and will be going back to the drawing board for new strategies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buane
Nov 28, 2005

Aerial Bold cannot compete with Eurotrash, loses 0-2!

• Locked thread