Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

That was amazing, thanks so much for the breakdown!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
Some offhand observations after the breakdown, which was awesome and well done-

What Peace described as Washington's strategy on the line is what's going on when you hear someone refer to a "stunt".

When coaches talk about WRs needing to buy into blocking in their scheme, we imagine them fired up about the barely-evident crack (which honestly did its job). Watch the X and Slot receivers for some real effort blocking.

The snap isn't verbal. LG 73 is literally standing up at the beginning of the video. Big Ben stomps, he sets, he puts his right arm on the center, drops it, and they snap all in sequence.

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Badfinger posted:

When coaches talk about WRs needing to buy into blocking in their scheme, we imagine them fired up about the barely-evident crack (which honestly did its job). Watch the X and Slot receivers for some real effort blocking.

I think that Wheaton has a much better reputation as a blocker, maybe the best WR on the team right now. I'd expect Wheaton to give this play a little more margin for error if it's attempted this weekend.

Coates is definitely getting called out on film review, but his baby's breath block made Williams' move into a future season highlight so I'm not mad.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Moxie posted:

I think that Wheaton has a much better reputation as a blocker, maybe the best WR on the team right now. I'd expect Wheaton to give this play a little more margin for error if it's attempted this weekend.

Coates is definitely getting called out on film review, but his baby's breath block made Williams' move into a future season highlight so I'm not mad.

Sorry, I said effort but what I really mean is :effort:.

Coates is by far the most active WR blocker on the play. Looks like Brown and #17?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Oh my god you guys I loving love power football.

Look at this loving formation there's seven loving in-line blockers and a loving fullback.

The playside OLinemen block down, and that loving TE kicks the loving DE.

And then they pull a loving guard and lead with the loving fullback to blow some linebackers the gently caress up. Oh you want to tackle Isaiah Crowell well how bout some FAT GUYS IN YO FACE INSTEAD.

Goddamn just take all the fuckin' fat guys all over your loving linebackers.

"Boom"

Now Crow just needs to turn on the fuckin' jets.

No fuckin' problem, 85 yard touchdown.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Forever_Peace posted:

Goddamn just take all the fuckin' fat guys all over your loving linebackers.

Mods new thread title please

That is a rad breakdown though.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Forever_Peace posted:

Oh my god you guys I loving love power football.

I'm digging these play breakdowns, because I loving love power football as well.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
That play made me feel quite good

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Forever_Peace posted:

words and pics and fucks

A good post.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
When F_P posts here I get tingly

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Not enough "hat on a hat"

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Badfinger posted:

The snap isn't verbal. LG 73 is literally standing up at the beginning of the video. Big Ben stomps, he sets, he puts his right arm on the center, drops it, and they snap all in sequence.

Steelers have been doing this for awhile, the entire 2015 season at least. I think they started it when playing away @ loud stadiums and then just kept doing it.

Miss Lonelyhearts fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Sep 21, 2016

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
If I saw the pulls correctly, the Eagles ran Counter and Power on successive plays at 13:41 and 12:55 in the 4th quarter. It was fun and those two plays gained almost half their rushing yards.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
I cannot believe I am just seeing this for the first time now. The first chapter in the table of contents is amazing, I need to read the rest now and then play around with it.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Mikey Purp posted:

drat, that was awesome Forever_Peace. I don't think I've ever been able to follow and understand what was going on in a play so thoroughly.

Conversely, I now realize how much I don't know poo poo about actual football.

Well it's not like the announcers ever explain it, that's why I mute them.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

really quick and dirty but here's the op's stuff online: http://football.glebe.tech/

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

effectual posted:

Well it's not like the announcers ever explain it, that's why I mute them.

Phil Simms posted:

Well Jeem, you see right here how Josh McCown wants to throw the ball, but this here's a run play so instead he's gonna hand it right over here to Isaiah Crowell, and then next thing ya know you got an 85 yard touch down run.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

Dead? That's what they want you to think.
Simms: "He is a good long ball thrower because he can throw the ball so high."

Simms: "Matt Forte is like a QB who throws the ball to the right spot"

Nantz: "Did you see something there?"
Simms: "Yeah. I saw nothing. Is that something? If you see nothing is that still something?"

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

NC-17 posted:

Nantz: "Did you see something there?"
Simms: "Yeah. I saw nothing. Is that something? If you see nothing is that still something?"

This one had me rolling the other night.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

hifi posted:

really quick and dirty but here's the op's stuff online: http://football.glebe.tech/

This is awesome. Thanks for hosting!

All you folks that haven't tried the apps out yet: hifi is hosting all of the apps here, so you don't need to install R or download anything. Give them a try!

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Forever_Peace this is awesome. Please keep posting.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

I'm teaching intro stats lab this semester, and I'm going to use your Richardson vs. Lynch example to start talking about sample size issues. Is the full text posted anywhere besides SA? I'd like to link it so that students can read the whole thing if they're interested.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

SurgicalOntologist posted:

I'm teaching intro stats lab this semester, and I'm going to use your Richardson vs. Lynch example to start talking about sample size issues. Is the full text posted anywhere besides SA? I'd like to link it so that students can read the whole thing if they're interested.

That's awesome. Full chapter is hosted here. Hope your kiddos enjoy f-bombs.

All the pics and gifs can be downloaded from the git repository. If they have RStudio with a few extra libraries they can run the simulator here.

I also like this simulator for a more basic illustration of the CLT and have pointed a number of struggling students towards the Kahn academy videos.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Hey guys guess what I'm attempting to improve site navigation based on your feedback, check out this snazzy new design:

oh god how did that get there I am not good with computer.

For the love of god if anybody out there knows html, markdown, and css please halp because I know none of these languages and it took me two hours and a glass of wine to get as far as the picture.

I just want to make a menu how is this so impossible.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

unnfffff

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Wish I could help but I havent seen html code in 15 years :/

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
I know they're the most annoying podcast ads, but the "we code so you don't have to!" style of website creation actually does work pretty well. squarespace, wix, etc. You can spot them all from a mile away but they look good and they're functional, plus you can still do css and all that jazz if you want.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Yeah I was going to say the same but didn't want to incur the wrath of the nerds. Just use wordpress or something similar unless you have a lot of time/desire to do it on your own.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Jekyll, the default system for GitHub pages, looks good and should be relatively easy to set up.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

SurgicalOntologist posted:

Jekyll, the default system for GitHub pages, looks good and should be relatively easy to set up.

haha that picture is Jekyll. I just don't know how to make a dropdown menu with it! (The only navmenu I can figure out so far with jekyll is just that massive already-expanded list at the top of the pagethere).

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

If you search Trent Williams on twitter, some people are posting ridiculous blocks he's been throwing.

Like look at what he does here:

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/780527070002700288

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Kalli posted:

If you search Trent Williams on twitter, some people are posting ridiculous blocks he's been throwing.

Like look at what he does here:

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/780527070002700288

That was loving beautiful. Few things are as fun to watch in football as dominant o linemen squishing defenders like bugs. Seattle would have been so much better off if our big FA signings were o linemen instead of lovely receivers.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
Trent Williams has been the best football player on the Washington roster for quite some time.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

If some of you love o-line play but don't watch much college, then let me introduce you to Stanford.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
There have been quite a few o-line breakdowns on twitter this year and it has been awesome.

https://twitter.com/RaidersAnalysis/status/781635362812665861
https://twitter.com/ITPylon/status/771487417211682818

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Wow that fuckin' hold in the second one. Jesus Christ.

Left Guard whiffed his block and held like a mother fucker.

edit:

Christ I love the Raiders O-Line right now.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Sep 30, 2016

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

DJExile posted:

If some of you love o-line play but don't watch much college, then let me introduce you to Stanford.

lol this is amazing. These motherfuckers are running 9-linemen power from 2nd long on their own 20.

Who needs wide receivers when you can have fullbacks, h-backs, and a boatload of fatguys?

Here is an entire offensive line in a 4-point stance (in a formation with 2 fullbacks and 7 linemen - Power-I I think?).

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

They're getting real creative with their formations. I love it

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Teeter posted:

They're getting real creative with their formations. I love it

They needed this on Friday...actually, probably still wouldn't have worked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Forever_Peace posted:

lol this is amazing. These motherfuckers are running 9-linemen power from 2nd long on their own 20.

David Shaw punted from his opponent's 35 a week ago. Stanford is great.

• Locked thread