Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Forever_Peace posted:

Goddamn just take all the fuckin' fat guys all over your loving linebackers.

Mods new thread title please

That is a rad breakdown though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

If some of you love o-line play but don't watch much college, then let me introduce you to Stanford.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Forever_Peace posted:

lol this is amazing. These motherfuckers are running 9-linemen power from 2nd long on their own 20.

David Shaw punted from his opponent's 35 a week ago. Stanford is great.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Jamaal Charles was otherworldly.

Related, one of Sirius/XM's fantasy guys had a pretty neat breakdown on the run schemes of each team.

https://twitter.com/JeffRatcliffe/status/841620961321467905?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

gently caress me you put some amazing effort into that. :stare:

Well done.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Amy Pole Her posted:

I feel like you did other kids homework

hahahaha this is the impression i'm getting too

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

i really want to know what that basketball card game was

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Forever_Peace posted:

What I can remember was pretty incoherent. I definitely had 5 on 5 where folks would take turns literally moving players around, and you had to have 1 of each position. I'm pretty sure I simulated a hundred-sided die using slips of paper labeled 0-9 (draw for the 10s digit, then the 1s digit, 00 is 100) where successful scores required drawing under the player's career FG % (or 3pt %). Literally the only thing defenders could do was block shots or steal the ball, since those were the only defensive stats on the cards. I think there might have been a formula to determine rebounds?

A draft definitely kicked things off. That was the important bit, clearly. I only had about ~60 basketball cards so the universe of players was not large. We never finished an actual game (turns out it was basically make believe fantasy basketball).

That's... actually really clever! You basically made something between fantasy basketball and tabletop card games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Forever_Peace posted:

Jamaal Charles: 5.5 SD above average

Every time I sit down and try to come up with a fresh way to look at the run game, Jamaal Charles comes along and blows the metric the gently caress up. Jamaal Charles is impossible.

Jesus :stare:

• Locked thread