Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I for one would like to see an in-depth analysis of Blount since he looks bad when he runs but seems to do pretty well from a YPC standpoint. And I guess TD's this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Spoeank posted:

Eye test tells me Blount has a bunch of 1 and 2 yard runs in the first half that turn into 4 or 5 yards in the second half with a 20 yard run or two tossed in there for good measure.

"Of the 21 running backs that were captured in this study, Blount has the 17th-best YPC in the 1st quarter and the 18th-best YPC in the 3rd quarter. He has the 8th-best YPC in the 2nd quarter and the 2nd-best YPC in the 4th quarter."

That's pretty funny.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

Fantasy rankings are heavily skewed (or should be) by both receptions and scoring, whereas this surprise rating is entirely focused on yardage (which also means it's still underrating goal-line backs and under-valuing x-and-goal carries).

So I don't think the numbers are particularly comparable. You'll find some high-ranked fantasy guys who are also very surprising, but also a lot that aren't, because they're receiving backs or specialize at the goal line.

*Cough cough* Legarrete Blount!

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Dion Lewis:. Best running back of all generations, or just his generation?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Forever_Peace posted:

Oh man, that sucks! All the teams moving around are almost certain to break the update mechanism without manual workarounds.

I don't know of anything else that is free, unfortunately.

Hey, how good was the Eagles' committee this year? I heard it was surprisingly good for who was working it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Is Melvin Gordon bad or is the line still just lovely?

• Locked thread