Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

whypick1 posted:

Um, offside/encroachment on the defense?

Also delay of game, too many men, and I suppose technically running into the kicker is possible, though I doubt it has ever happened.

Edit: After reviewing the rulebook, the other possible defensive penalties that don't create automatic first downs are illegal substitution, excess timeouts, and illegal formation on a kicking play.

blackmongoose fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jul 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

got any sevens posted:

And 5vs5 is a good number too, enough for some variation between players, you could have a 'bench' for substitutions, etc. :allears:

I'd also institute a team total value salary cap system, so you could have a few mediocre cards and a couple greats, or all average levels, etc. to prevent deck stacking
I made a homemade Triple Triad deck like that a few years ago, it was fun to tinker with.

By the time you've gone this far you might as well play Strat-O-Matic, though that kind of stat based system obviously works better for sports with discrete plays like baseball and football. Actually, a lot of the statistical work in this thread could probably improve their modeling of run plays or form a basis for your own system, though I think baseball is where most of the fantasy simulation style market resides.

• Locked thread