Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Cool work, Forever_Peace!

This is maybe too infotainment-y/whiz pow, but with your nearest neighbor stuff, you might consider doing an "RB map" like this one http://www.bradybutterfield.com/musicGenreFDG/

Basically, if you have a distance matrix (each RB's "distance" from each other one) you can make a force directed graph, or you can do a multidimensional scaling (or PCA or something similar) for a static graph.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Yeah if I had to I would just resort to PFF grades I think.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I was confused by the field position / down / run proportion briefly, too -- well not confused I just thought it looked like you did it backwards. I think it's more natural if you flip the x axis, and with maybe better x axis labels (own 20, opponents 20, etc.... though you could just say "yards from own goal" and do 0-100).

I think it's less we imagine the person "running" left to right and more that we read left to right and offenses typically move towards the opponent's goal, so it's weird to have those opposed, like as I follow the line the offense is moving backwards.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Yeah I was going to say the same but didn't want to incur the wrath of the nerds. Just use wordpress or something similar unless you have a lot of time/desire to do it on your own.

• Locked thread