Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
This is dumb and I'm a dumb dummy and I understand why your chart is presented this way, but I read your YPC by Yards to Go/Goal precisely backwards because as I went from left to right I anticipated they would go from largest value to gain to smallest. It took reading the section about entering field goal range, rereading it 3 times, and staring at the graphs to understand. I don't know if anyone else experienced the stupidity I did, but if so it might be worth flipping the graphs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
Some offhand observations after the breakdown, which was awesome and well done-

What Peace described as Washington's strategy on the line is what's going on when you hear someone refer to a "stunt".

When coaches talk about WRs needing to buy into blocking in their scheme, we imagine them fired up about the barely-evident crack (which honestly did its job). Watch the X and Slot receivers for some real effort blocking.

The snap isn't verbal. LG 73 is literally standing up at the beginning of the video. Big Ben stomps, he sets, he puts his right arm on the center, drops it, and they snap all in sequence.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Moxie posted:

I think that Wheaton has a much better reputation as a blocker, maybe the best WR on the team right now. I'd expect Wheaton to give this play a little more margin for error if it's attempted this weekend.

Coates is definitely getting called out on film review, but his baby's breath block made Williams' move into a future season highlight so I'm not mad.

Sorry, I said effort but what I really mean is :effort:.

Coates is by far the most active WR blocker on the play. Looks like Brown and #17?

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
If I saw the pulls correctly, the Eagles ran Counter and Power on successive plays at 13:41 and 12:55 in the 4th quarter. It was fun and those two plays gained almost half their rushing yards.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
I know they're the most annoying podcast ads, but the "we code so you don't have to!" style of website creation actually does work pretty well. squarespace, wix, etc. You can spot them all from a mile away but they look good and they're functional, plus you can still do css and all that jazz if you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
I'm curious how they weighted the chart for coloring it in. At a glance, Outside Zone has the highest split between "good" and "bad", but again just eyeballing it also seems to have the lowest spread. Houston, the Jets, and Philly were all fairly internally consistent across concepts and Pittsburgh was wildly similar, but looking at the colors you might get a different idea.

It's surprising that Dallas was so bad running Power, but it's also possible they basically never ran it.

• Locked thread