Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
b0red
Apr 3, 2013

broadcast
the
net

pass
the
popcorn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

b0red posted:

broadcast
the
net

pass
the
popcorn

:chanpop:

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

OFF
THE
G R I D
R
I
D

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Actually if Netflix let you make a Spotify-style TV station that would be cool. I want to watch American TV dramas, but not a whole season at once, so it just plays random poo poo that fits that. Or something. You know?

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

no please tell us more

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
I have nutflex because sometimes it's cool to binge watch their original shows or just try out new (old) shows. everything else we just have a premium fios quantum Internet and tv plan that includes every premium movie chanel and whatever else abd we just dvr stuff or search on their godawful interface to find newer movies or rdcord shows. I actually like to watch my favorite shows asap instead of waiting for them to be on streaming so its wirth it for me. sorry if you guys have to make hard choices with ypur finances wrt entertainment to save a few bucks a month lmao

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

:waycool:

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
hi everyone, I'm new to this thread! so what's everyone's favorite movie on Netflix? mine is stop or my mom will shoot

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

jony ive aces posted:

lol season 4 is coming soon and they've already committed to a 5th

dont care, will watch, will enjoy, will continue to remind myself and others that it is just tv and not high art

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I watched a DVD of City Hunter delivered by Netflix last night and it owned

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
oh poo poo that's right, netflix does still totally deliver DVDs

do they do blu-rays yet?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Space-Pope posted:

oh poo poo that's right, netflix does still totally deliver DVDs

do they do blu-rays yet?

they've done blu-rays for awhile. it costs extra tho. i used to get them back when the streaming quality was poo poo.

CUNT AND PASTE
Aug 15, 2004

~see my amazon wishlistu~

mishaq posted:

if you have your own router for verizon fios you can no longer order the service online without a $10/month router rental tied to the order, you have to call in and have them manually submit an order without it

i upgraded my fios from 25/10 to 50/50 and they charged me an upgrade fee that was about the same as a month's worth of the old service lol so i called them and was like "nobody told me about upgrade fees" and poof they just vanished

so what i'm saying is always call and complain about additional fees because they basically exist as rich people tax

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

i really don't understand the fee game, like if you're going to throw a "Fios TV Broadcast Fee" at me, why not just include it in the cost of your service?

oh and the $5 regional sports package fee, ridiculous

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

BiohazrD posted:

i really don't understand the fee game, like if you're going to throw a "Fios TV Broadcast Fee" at me, why not just include it in the cost of your service?

oh and the $5 regional sports package fee, ridiculous

because then they can say "it's only $24.99 per month*, it's that just so hell of cheap?"

* taxes and fees not included

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

BiohazrD posted:

i think were paying like 120 a month after taxes and fees and everything for 100/100 and the mid tier tv package (plus the phone but lol landline)

thats kinda pricey but my fiancé absolutely must have tv so she can just put something on as background noise, she refuses to "find something to watch" on netflix or whatever.

i was thinking about getting a sling box since we have the upload, it would be nice for my mom to be able to get cable for free. the only problem is sling box is an abortion and there are no alternatives. they literally do not have a native app for apple tv, roku, etc. you have to have a mobile device and then airplay/cast it to your tv

what a load of garbage

i think there's a slingbox roku app and i imagine they're working on an apple tv app so they can charge you $30 yet again

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

yes there is a roku app but it doesn't do anything without a phone or iPad to cast the video from the sling app on the device to the roku

its hilariously stupid

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

BiohazrD posted:

yes there is a roku app but it doesn't do anything without a phone or iPad to cast the video from the sling app on the device to the roku

its hilariously stupid

oh yeah that's dumb

on another note how come nutflicks doesn't skip tv episode intros (previously on... etc.) after you've just watched one in the series anymore? i really liked that feature :mad:

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

they're just a poo poo company, they have lots of models but with no differentiation between them

i think the 500 is literally 100 dollars more than the m2. the features it gains are a blockbuster and youtube app

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

BiohazrD posted:

they're just a poo poo company, they have lots of models but with no differentiation between them

i think the 500 is literally 100 dollars more than the m2. the features it gains are a blockbuster and youtube app

the boxes are pretty interesting from a hw standpoint though. i have a (busted) solo, a 350 and a m2. the only thing i like about the m2 is wifi, otherwise the 350 is way better imo and i'm surprised they discontinued it

the solo was cool back when the hd unit was like $500. the hw seems pretty versatile too, i was really surprised they were able to add h264 encoding with a firmware update (previously the used vc-1). i'd love to be able to get shell access to them, i know at least the 350 has a ssh daemon

• Locked thread