Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
better call saul is pretty good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
the reason for this exclusivity mess is that the streaming sites are owned by the content providers

you saw the same thing happen back when the movie studios (directly) owned the theaters

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

MrMoo posted:

I get something like $65 discount on Internet connectivity due to "triple play", if I turn off TV and phone I end up paying the same amount for the same speed. Optimum/Cablevision have a "cord cutters" package that is just another first 2-year gimmick package and aside of now charging for modem rental the pricing structure is more than double the price of Internet under "triple play".

Dish has stepped up to the plate to fix the US's hosed up anti-loyality pricing scheme with the monthly charge including taxes and being fixed, however they're only targeting DirectTV in their advertising and should also hit out at the cable companies. Shame they only do TV :(

yeah i think right now (i've had internet for a year so they bumped up the price) it'd be about the same or maybe $5/mo more to just get all the triple play stuff

• Locked thread