Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

idk why is everyone in your family antisocial and watching television separately???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

also if I'm gonna pay Netflix for one good movie a month I'll go to the video store thank you

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

nutflix

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

MrMoo posted:

I get something like $65 discount on Internet connectivity due to "triple play", if I turn off TV and phone I end up paying the same amount for the same speed. Optimum/Cablevision have a "cord cutters" package that is just another first 2-year gimmick package and aside of now charging for modem rental the pricing structure is more than double the price of Internet under "triple play".

Dish has stepped up to the plate to fix the US's hosed up anti-loyality pricing scheme with the monthly charge including taxes and being fixed, however they're only targeting DirectTV in their advertising and should also hit out at the cable companies. Shame they only do TV :(

Dish has their Sling TV service or whatever, but it seems pretty cool.
it's like a $20/month service and you get to stream a handful of channels like espn through your existing internet service

i guess it doesn't fix loyalty pricing because you still have to pay comcast for internet, but cool nonetheless

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

mishaq posted:

there are currently some promotions where this is true

right now 100 Mbps/internet + basic TV is $65/month in my area but I just cancelled standalone 75 Mbps Internet for $75/month because various promotions from the double play package were expiring

im on Comcast for a few weeks and then I'm gonna switch back to Verizon as a new customer

gotta play a dance every year or two to not pay $120+/month for loving internet access

when i was on comcast, the local sales rep would just call me on the phone every 12 months and offer me a new promo deal

• Locked thread