Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

mishaq posted:

the triple play being the same cost as standalone Internet is before local taxes on tv broadcast, taxes associated with the landline (911, USF, other poo poo) and a minimum of one monthly rental fee for a TV box
often

im also a fan of Verizon's $5 "privacy fee" where they'll list your landline number in the phone book for more telemarketing exposure unless you pay them $5/extra

us broadband/tv service is a loving gouge

we literally have the land line disconnected but pay for it because its cheaper with the triple play

also lol at renting cable boxes at $20 a room, spend $5 a month on a cablecard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

mishaq posted:

if you have your own router for verizon fios you can no longer order the service online without a $10/month router rental tied to the order, you have to call in and have them manually submit an order without it

idk i just returned mine like a week after the install, whatever

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

i think were paying like 120 a month after taxes and fees and everything for 100/100 and the mid tier tv package (plus the phone but lol landline)

thats kinda pricey but my fiancé absolutely must have tv so she can just put something on as background noise, she refuses to "find something to watch" on netflix or whatever.

i was thinking about getting a sling box since we have the upload, it would be nice for my mom to be able to get cable for free. the only problem is sling box is an abortion and there are no alternatives. they literally do not have a native app for apple tv, roku, etc. you have to have a mobile device and then airplay/cast it to your tv

what a load of garbage

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

the answer is because

if you expected more then you are retarded

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

b0red posted:

broadcast
the
net

pass
the
popcorn

:chanpop:

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

i really don't understand the fee game, like if you're going to throw a "Fios TV Broadcast Fee" at me, why not just include it in the cost of your service?

oh and the $5 regional sports package fee, ridiculous

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

yes there is a roku app but it doesn't do anything without a phone or iPad to cast the video from the sling app on the device to the roku

its hilariously stupid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

they're just a poo poo company, they have lots of models but with no differentiation between them

i think the 500 is literally 100 dollars more than the m2. the features it gains are a blockbuster and youtube app

• Locked thread