Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
hulu is absolute loving trash and i refuse to ever pay for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
house of cards got really bad anyway

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

BiohazrD posted:

i think were paying like 120 a month after taxes and fees and everything for 100/100 and the mid tier tv package (plus the phone but lol landline)

thats kinda pricey but my fiancé absolutely must have tv so she can just put something on as background noise, she refuses to "find something to watch" on netflix or whatever.

i was thinking about getting a sling box since we have the upload, it would be nice for my mom to be able to get cable for free. the only problem is sling box is an abortion and there are no alternatives. they literally do not have a native app for apple tv, roku, etc. you have to have a mobile device and then airplay/cast it to your tv

what a load of garbage

i think there's a slingbox roku app and i imagine they're working on an apple tv app so they can charge you $30 yet again

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

BiohazrD posted:

yes there is a roku app but it doesn't do anything without a phone or iPad to cast the video from the sling app on the device to the roku

its hilariously stupid

oh yeah that's dumb

on another note how come nutflicks doesn't skip tv episode intros (previously on... etc.) after you've just watched one in the series anymore? i really liked that feature :mad:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

BiohazrD posted:

they're just a poo poo company, they have lots of models but with no differentiation between them

i think the 500 is literally 100 dollars more than the m2. the features it gains are a blockbuster and youtube app

the boxes are pretty interesting from a hw standpoint though. i have a (busted) solo, a 350 and a m2. the only thing i like about the m2 is wifi, otherwise the 350 is way better imo and i'm surprised they discontinued it

the solo was cool back when the hd unit was like $500. the hw seems pretty versatile too, i was really surprised they were able to add h264 encoding with a firmware update (previously the used vc-1). i'd love to be able to get shell access to them, i know at least the 350 has a ssh daemon

• Locked thread