Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

So it seems that the clownshow that is UN has decided, that the fact that asshat Assange escaped an arrest warrant and is hiding in an embassy is an "unlawful detainment" and that he deserves compensation. The UN is also known for such common-sense occurences as naming Saudi-Arabia the head of the human rights council.

What a loving shitshow. They should make a sitcom of Assange sitting in the embassy being unable to leave with janitors really running the high level politics and a clueless dunce as the diplomat. I'd watch that.

http://www.engadget.com/2016/02/05/united-nations-assange-decision/

engadget link because lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

He is going to a pound in the rear end maxo prison built by the bare hands of Bush.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'd gently caress him

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker
yes you would

and, further, do you consent?

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

N.Z.'s Champion posted:

yes you would

and, further, do you consent?

who cares, this is Sweden, anything goes!

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker
do the victims still want him prosecuted?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

N.Z.'s Champion posted:

do the victims still want him prosecuted?

it's not really up to them

the lady that roman polanski raped says they should leave him alone, but he's still going to get arrested if they catch him in the us

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

prefect posted:

it's not really up to them

the lady that roman polanski raped says they should leave him alone, but he's still going to get arrested if they catch him in the us

she was a child when it happened so she doesn't have a say in it anyway.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
this is still my favorite stymie post:

Stymie posted:

Ahaahaha yesssss let slip the dogs of False Rape Accusations, the bane of all Good And Righteous Men!

Bitches be lyinnnnnnnnnn*soars over the horizon, sailing on a cloud of MRA posts*

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

lol

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
assange is super creepy and probably did it

otoh chelsea manning is in prison while american soldiers rape with impunity so lol if u think he'd get a fair trial even in soviet sweden

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

this is still my favorite stymie post:
lol

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
actually nvm upon further reading he p much definitely did it so the question of a fair trial is moot

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano

computer toucher posted:

What a loving shitshow. They should make a sitcom of Assange sitting in the embassy being unable to leave

they did http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b052qqqf

it was co-written by a guy who, iirc, used to post in LF

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
he should seek asylum in Russia with Snowden. they could be the new odd couple

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

jony ive aces posted:

actually nvm upon further reading he p much definitely did it so the question of a fair trial is moot

ya his defence is "well i did have sex with that woman without her consent, but it wasn't rape because"

e: i guess his actual defence is "i'm in this embassy can't get me ner" but if it went to trial it would be the other one

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

Rufus Ping posted:

holy poo poo O_O

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

computer toucher posted:

holy poo poo O_O

now you must watch and report back

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Rufus Ping posted:

ahaha awesome

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

Yeah don't get your hopes up too much, it was better than most contemporary BBC comedy shows but still kinda mediocre

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

He did manage to slip in a really heavy handed "death to amerikkka" ref though

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

Also stars Kayvan Novak from Four Lions and Fonejacker

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Nice, fonejacker owns as does four lions.

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

The sweden stuff probably isn't even the worst poo poo he's done either. He knocked up at least one underaged girl back in australia.

pram
Jun 10, 2001

papa_november posted:

The sweden stuff probably isn't even the worst poo poo he's done either. He knocked up at least one underaged girl back in australia.

sure but what does this have to do with yr current job status, super bowl, or cat pictures? thread is kind of off topic for yospos..

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
im not going to rest until everything thread in yospos is back on topic

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

papa_november posted:

do you mean the one from when he too was "underage" (both were considered of age under local law afaik) or was this some other one more recent than that

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

pram posted:

sure but what does this have to do with yr current job status, super bowl, or cat pictures? thread is kind of off topic for yospos..

a horrible nerd being an rear end in a top hat is off-topic? alert the mods!

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
man the wikipedia page on assange is poo poo

On 20 August 2010, two women, a 26-year-old living in Enköping and a 31-year-old living in Stockholm,[3][4] went together to the Swedish police in order to track Assange down and persuade him to be tested for sexually transmitted diseases after having separate sexual encounters with him.[5] The police told them that they could not simply tell Assange to take a test, but that their statements would be passed to the prosecutor.[6] Later that day, the duty prosecutor ordered the arrest of Julian Assange on the suspicion of rape and molestation.[7]

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice
that's not out of context, that's the opening of the article

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

A Pinball Wizard posted:

that's not out of context, that's the opening of the article

lol

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

this entire thing is best boiled down to the basic "justice system orders that guy is to be taken in by police, guy resists, internet people feel that given all the resisting the justice system should surely be flexible and pragmatic about it and do it his way"

then it gets bogged down in a ton of details which are actually irrelevant to the fact that the same justice goes for all

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
ehh i remember when it all started hearing that supposedly the interpol stuff was happening faster or more effectively than normal suggesting political interference. i can't be bothered verifying that because he's obviously guilty but if he wasn't then i'd be a lot more interested. even then it's pretty hosed up to basically be saying "lol this creepy white man has a right to have his alleged rapes investigated less effectively" so gently caress i don't know

there's also this

jony ive aces posted:

otoh chelsea manning is in prison while american soldiers rape with impunity
but manning is the real hero, all assflange did was janitor a website and rape people

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
idk i guess if you want to take down the man maybe try making it harder for cointelpro to persecute you by not literally raping multiple people

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

jony ive aces posted:

idk i guess if you want to take down the man maybe try making it harder for cointelpro to persecute you by not literally raping multiple people

thats kind of just a good bureaucratic/conspiracy life tip anyway, dont give them an excuse to come after you

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
yeah for example i've known several activist organisations who are politically against the drug war and stuff but politely forbid possessing/using/coming high to their events because it invites legal trouble

though i guess it also helps that it deters the kind of idiots who couldn't possibly abide such a rule who you don't want around if you're trying to actually do stuff anyway

e: they're also politically anti-rape though which is nice

jony ive aces fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Feb 6, 2016

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

jony ive aces posted:

but manning is the real hero, all assflange did was janitor a website and rape people

manning was emotionally unstable and once assaulted a female coworker, if anything she's another victim of assange's manipulation

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

jony ive aces posted:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I thought the backstory behind this was "women boast about scoring with assange on facebook, two days later he's wanted for rape of the same persons". Then again, all my info is 3rd party at best. If he's guilty, he should stop being a piece of poo poo get himself arrested already :colbert:

Though I guess if he could do that, he'd not be raping people.

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice
they consented to sex with a condom, he flashed them a chicken flavored ramen packet, then refused to get tested for stds so the ladies went to the cops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Hahaha what an idiot

• Locked thread